cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling using products characteristics (material variant)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts..

I have a doubt in how to use the scheduling heuristic (SAP001) with material variant.

The products here is a material variant. (we have a KMAT related to FERTs and HALBs). The characteristics values is integrated with APO and the scheduling is executed using the characteristic value.

What should I do to the heuristic consider the product characteristic and its values?

Thanks in advance

Thiago Cyrillo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I assume that you want to schedule a sequence according to characteristic values. for example we have the characteristic values A, B, C. All orders with values A are to be scheduled before B and B beforre C. Is that your requirement?

The strategy profile and the scheduling heuristic SAP001 allow to define a

sequence for scheduling both in interactive and in batch mode. However the characteristics of the product variant cannot be selected as sort criteria in the profile.

Therefore we need to go for a workaround or add the characteristics to the sort profile.

The first solution to the problem is:

Reference characteristic on field SEQNR

The reference characteristic has

to influence the field SEQNR in APO. This field is part of the structure

/SAPAPO/CULL_CFG_OPERATION.

the field is available in the sort profile.

the reference characteristic can be changed by an object dependency. for example you would map your characteristic values to a sequence number A=1, B=2. C=3 ...

Then you create a strategy profile which sorts the operations according to the field SEQNR.

the second solution réquires BADI implementations and more effort but allows more flexibility with complex sorting requirements.

Implement method GET_ORDDATA of the BAdI /SAPAPO/CDPS_ORDDATA

Append the characteristics as fields to the structure CI_ORDCUS.

the structure CI_ORDCUS is incluided in /SAPAPO/CDPS_ORDER_EXT_STR

When you add the fields for the characteristics to the order structure they become visible in the selectable fields in the scheduling sequence sort profile

More information can be found in the book

Characteristic Based Planning

with mySAP SCMu2122

Scenarios, Processes,

and Functions

from Jörg Thomas Dickersbach

Regards

Frank

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank, thanks for the answer..

I wll use the object dependency to put the information in the SEQNR.

Thanks

Thiago Cyrillo