cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Merge of records is possible based on MDM ID by Java API or Webservic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I need to do the following requirement:

MDM needs to merge two records in to ONE.. Is it possible with out any manual interaction?

I will get the two MDM IDs from a system which needs to be merged in to ONE and all Qualifier Table of one has to be assigned to another.. is it possible? I even no need to merge record.. I just need to assign Qualifier look up tables of one record to another by making another record flag as NO..

I need to perform this automatically when ever I get a xml or any type of file.. Or is there any other alternative to achieve this?

Is there any new feature to accomidate about requirement in MDM 7.1?

OR

is it possible to assign one Qualifier TABLE values of one record to another through Assignment depending on MDM ID value when ever I receive the File with two MDM id values?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

It is not possible to Merge the records automaticcally. Nor is it a best practice.

It is always suggested that there is a user intervention before merging the records. Because once merged, you cannot retrieve the lost data. The point is if there are some fields in which the data is different ; for example assuming Record 1 is duplicate of Record 2.

In a field: Record 1 -> New York , Record 2 -> New Yrk.. How can the system decide which is right? New York or New Yrk? So aitomatically overriding one record with the values of other record based on the few fields on which the strategy is executed, will not be right.

There is also no way to auomatically Append the qualifier values of Record 2 to Record 1.

Either do it while merging (Append option on right click)

Or, import the additional qualifier values to Record 1.

Best way I can think of is, create a workflow and in the Match step, you can merge the records here (User intervention).

You can append the qualifier values. And since the records are merged, there is no need to mark any record for deletion either.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

Totally agree with Priti. Auto merging of records and appending the qualifed links are purely business decisions and will need manual intervention.

Max we can ensure this as part of a review/process step in the MDM workflow. Building the rules for record merging and appending the qualifier links would be very demanding and complicated.

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Using Java API is it possible to append Qualifier table of one record to anther based on MDM ID/Any Unique filed of a record automatically ..MDM IDs are provided in an XML file?

What invokes to perform this task if possible?

Regards,

Rajeevv

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev

"MDM needs to merge two records in to ONE.. Is it possible with out any manual interaction?"

Yes. You can use workflow functionality for that operation(pages 310,311).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8aaa42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMDataManager71.p...

"I just need to assign Qualifier look up tables of one record to another by making another record flag as NO.."

I think , directly - NO, MDM 7.1(as 5.5.) working with QLUT data not well. You can use MDM API for modify QLUT.

or dependence of matching result use assignmnet for set special flag in record and then use duplicate operation for modify QLUT and record ID

"is it possible to assign one Qualifier TABLE values of one record to another through Assignment depending on MDM ID value when ever I receive the File with two MDM id values?"

I think , directly - NO(use MDM API)

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka