cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization issue- MB1A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It has been found that through transaction MB1A ( mvt 261), employees of one plant (site) are able to process orders of other site. As this is not desirable, can you please advise how we can restrict users of MB1A from posting to process orders from other plants? Is there any specific authorization object which can restrict the mvt for specific plant?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for you clarification, issue can be closed!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio Martinez,

Thanks for your positive feedback. Requesting you to mark correct answer to conversation which you feel correct & close thread for further tracking as it is shown as open thread. If you get satishfy then close thread otherwise keep it open as you wish.

Regards,

Shyam

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks in advance

Antonio Martinez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio Martinez,

AS you told details try to understand following , System creates reservation against production order for component & when you issue those component against production order by choosing "TO ORDER" option material issued against reservation for that particular production order. Hence system check reservation quantity for that material with reference to storage location & plant. If reservation not found for another plant system shows warning message. These material movements were called planned material movement.

In second scenario if you issue material without choosing "TO ORDER" system consider material issue except reservation for that material. Such type of transaction were carried out for adjusting inventory of material at the month end which is not standard practice. For your clarification check reservation created for material & material withdrawal against same reservation in both case. No reservation quantity reduced in second scenario.

Conclusion:-  If you issue material by choosing "TO ORDER" system restrict wrong material issue . But if you issue material without choosing "TO ORDER" system will not restrict you for material issue. (Planned movement were restricted by system & unplanned movement allowed.)

Solution:- Aware your to follow standard practice by choosing "TO ORDER" for material issue against production order.

Hope this will clarify your doubt & issue will  resolve. Check & revert.

Regards,

Shyam

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam:

I changed the message M7517 from warning to error, but the problema is the same.

If the user click on "to order" icon in the first screen of MB1A and enter the Production order (wrong production order) it Works fine.

But if the user did not click on "to order" icon and just click enter, and in the next screen enter the Production order (wrong production order), material, quantity, Storage location, Batch and plant is posible to issue the raw material for a different plant of Production order.

Please see images attached

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam:

I will try and revert it.

Thanks

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam, thanks for your repply!! I will explain our scenario detailed Plant A Production order 10 (order type ZPP1) Finished Material FMA1 Raw material RMA1 Finisehd material and raw material only created in plant A Plant B Production Order 11 (Order type ZPP1) Finished material FMB1 Raw material RMB1 Finished material and raw material onlhy created in plant B User of plant B only have access to plant B In MB1A the user of plant B by mistake enter the produciton order 10 (plant A) and issue raw material RMB1 in plant B. The user of plant B have authorizations to plant B, so is possible to issue the raw material for production order 10 (Plant A) If the  user in the first screen enter Movement type 261, plant B and click on the top on icon "To order" it works fine, the system display the error "The document items have been created for a different plant" But if the user in the first screen only enter movement type 261, plant B and click enter. In the next screen enter (by mistake) the order 10, is possible to issue the material, becuase the user have authorizations to plant B and movement type 261, storage location 0200 Plant B. The issue is not resolved yet, I'm waiting to check with an ABAP resource if BADI WORKORDER_GOODSMVT could work (I saw in other thread this possible solution) So you comment to block the user of plant B could work if we manage type of productions order for each plant Thanks Antonio Martinez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Antonio Martinez,

Thanks for describing details scenario. Please do following change in your system & check which help you to resolve this issue.

Convert warning message no. M7517 into error message following given path provided .

SPRO->Material Management->Inventory management & Physical Inventory-> Define Attributes of system messages

Request you to change this message from warning to error & reply.

Best Regards,

Shyam

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam:

Thanks for your solution, but since the Production order is the same in Plant A and Plant B it does not work , we will try to implement a BAPI to restrict the movements only for Plant for the Production order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose Antonio,

Let me know what exact situation is there ?

since the Production order is the same in Plant A and Plant B it does not work .

Means both plant have single production order what does it mean which scenario you are using?

Second thing I want to ask is it resolve or not?

If answer is not let me know details business scenario so I can help you better option. Also thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Shyam

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam, Thanks for your repply, the user of plant B only have Access to plant B for this authorization object , but he can make movements in a Production order for plant A with material in plant B, this is not correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

You can restrict user at plant level using authorization object M_MSEG_WWA . Contact your BASIS Consultant & ask him to remove other plant which you want to restrict. For more object regarding you can go through transaction code SU24.

In addition check object M_MATE_WRK for the plant specific authorization. 

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Shyam

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All:

We have the same issue, user from plant B made goods movementes in MB1A for a Production order for plant A, with material for plant B, so the authorization objects are correct, but is a way to block movements for plant A for user plant B.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jose Antonio,

You can restrict your user at various level in such situation. Some of the following object will help you check.

C_AFKO_AWA -Restrict user at plant ,Order type level

C_AFKO_AWK - CIM: Plant for order type of order

M_MSEG_LGO- Restrict user at storage location level

Check it from your side & revert if any.

Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

I guess the correct transaction is MB1B - Transfer of posting,where as MB1A - Goods Issue.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

it's goods issue (MB1A).

For a process order that was placed for plant A an employee of plant B has issued good to that process order.

Can that be restricted?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

Why dont you run trace and check which objects are checking for. If needed add SAP_ALL and try.

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check restriction with object M_MSEG_WWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

M_MSEG_WWA checks the activity against plant. and not the movement type for a specific plant. or am I wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhurima ,

Combination of object M_MSEG_BWA and M_MSEG_WWA should do the trick

Thanks

Rakesh