cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth Tab specific to doc types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

If I need auth tab specific to specific doc type what is the solution.

Is there any user exit to do so.

Right now in std if I activate ACL ,it is applicable to all doc types.

Regards

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

One another method is keep the authorization field as optional enrty and leave blank in the cases where it's not appilcable also set the role to user specific.

Please check this may help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not about auth field.

I clearly mentioned that it is auth tab.

Plz read carefully.

Regards

Abhijit

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

in the standard there is no chance to control the ACL tab depending on document types. The appearance of this tab is due to the settings in table TDWSWITCH (or transaction DCSWI).

So maybe the DMS BADI DOCUMENT_MAIN01 with method "BEFORE_READ_DATA" could be useful to control the TDWSWITCH parameters on basis of the document type. But this is just an estimation, because I never tried such issue before. You can also look through the other DOCUMENT* BADI definitions in transaction SE19 and see if there is maybe some more suitable BADI available.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph ,

Thanks for your input .

I will try the solution

Regards

Abhijit

patric_leidinger
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

did you made any experiences on this issue?

I would be happy if you could share it!

Regards

Patric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Are you mean to say authorization groups? correct me if wrong. Authorization groups are directly maintained in roles and no need to use any user exit. Only thing you need to do for this is that you have to create role for each document type and with different authorization groups. This will fulfill your requirement.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Auth tab appears when u activate ACL in spro same like object link tab.

This is not doc type spec.

I want this doc type spec.

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are on ECC6 then this is not possible unless you change standard code, to hide authorization tab...do a where used search on table TDWSWITCH and you will know where to change the code...

if you are on EHP4 then auth tab can be hidden for each document type if ACM(Access Control Management ) is on.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAPDMS

in this you put that Auth Tab specific to doc types is possible if you are on EHP4 !!!

but where to Activate ??? ACM(Access Control Management ) is on.???

Pls Put Steps of it..

Regards

Tushar Dave