cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

distribution list and user group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While distributing a document we maintain distribution list as recepient.

Now if I want to restrict viewing of this document to recepients in distribution list what is the solution.

I tried auth tab in document but there we can not enter disribution list but only users,user group and roles.

And in distribution we can enter distribution list but not user group as a recepient.

This is a typical scenario where doc type will be auth for all users but based on scenario it should be restricted to users which are in distribution list. This can be achevied with auth tab but there we have no facility to enter distribution list.

one solution is to create user group having same users in distribution list and then assigning these user groups in auth tab of doc.

But then we need to craete one user group and one dist list which is not logical in large organizations.

why can't we put distribution list in auth tab or user grp in distribution.

Any solution suggestions

Regards

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Another workaround you maybe interested in exploring would be using 'Recipient inactive indicator' in Recipient Data.

You can set this indicator if you want to exclude a recipient from the chosen recipient list. When you withdraw the indicator, the recipient receives the document on the next distribution.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My req is distribution list should be same as user group and option should be there so that while distributing the document user group can be maintained as a recepient and in DIR auth tab user group as a auth recepient and will have auth as admin,edit or display or vice versa.

This is typical scenario where we circulate letters to employees.Doc type will be Ex: LET.

So doc type is applicable to all employees.

IF DIR 1 of LET is relevant for all employee then they can view that DIR.

But DIR 2 of LET is applicable for managers then I will restrict DIR 2 based on user grp in auth tab of DIR.

For distributing this DIR 2 , I will have dist list of managers.

Here I have to create user grp as well as dist list for managers(double work) to make above scenario work.

In small org its ok but for big one creating same user list under diff name (User grp and dist list) is not logical

Any solution for this.

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the maximum no. of employees who will recieve a document....?

is document distribution role based?

will distribution vary based on document types?

will there be scenario where within same distribution list, one person is allowed to change and other restricted to view rights only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Even though you have maintained the user in receipient list still you can restrict them from accessing these documents.

Assign a role to them in which the documents types which you want to restrict is not available. or assign a role in which authorization group of these document is not available or assign a role in which activity like change or display for this document is not available. These are few ways from which you can restrict them from changing or displaying a perticular documents even if they are maintained in recepient list.

This all is achived in roles.

Regards,

Ravindra