cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Server installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can any one suggest me how to install J2EE on SAP BI.7 server and i need to work on SAP BI-IP . When i try to execute the rsplan T-code error message is diplaying J2EE is not installed . Can any pass step by steps and document .Highly thankful to you send the Docu.

Regards

Rk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check http://service.sap.com/instguides

You should install a java only instance with usage type BI Java.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you vey much for your reply . Iam using BI jave only and i need to istall J2EE . Can you send me any documents.

Regards

sivaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I'm getting confused... You are using BI Java only? That's not possible...

I assume that you have an BI ABAP system and you would like to install a java (J2EE) system with BI functionality, correct?

As mentioned, download the installation guide for a java only system and download the installation software.

During the installation of your system, you have to select a usage type for your java stack. Here you select BI.

After the installation of the java stack has been done, you have to perform some post activities, like a wizard in the NetWeaver Administrator for BI configuration, and adding the BI system in table RSPOR_T_PORTAL in the ABAP stack, so it is pointing to the correct system..

Hope this helps a bit.. If not, just let me know.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for your inconvience , iam working as sap BW/BI consulatant and i dont know much about basis . My client like to implement the SEM . and we are using BI.7 server . when i try IP Tcode rsplan it getting error J2EE engine is not installed . Can you let me know what are things require and do you need any system details i will send to you.

Regards

Rk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaraju,

It could very well be that there is already some java stack installed for this, but that only the configuration is incorrect.. What I suggest, is that you get a Basis guy involved, who knows the system landscape of this customer..

Also he should be the person that executes the installation/configuration activities.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply .Here my basis guy dont know much about J2ee engine installation .Can you please suggest me how to do this.

Regards

sivaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I said before; download the installation guide and the software, and go for it... The installation is the easy part, configuration will take probably some more hurdles.

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (0)