cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC 7.0 - Extending ODM to add a Z-field

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI folks,

My query is regarding extending the ODM structures in SNC to include a z-field.

I am sending some data in the PO Item level, say in the Note field from ECC to SNC.

The inbound xml is successfully processed in SNC and contains the data in the Item Note tag.

This data in the note is read via an enhancement in SNC and needs to be stored in SNC as a z-field.

I understand that you have to extend the ODM structures to include the Z-field in the relevant structures and in the table. However I don't understand the exact steps to "extend the ODM structure". Can you someone help me understand what extending the ODM exactly means.

For eg. let's take a PO Item level field.

Appreciate your time.

Thanks,

Nandita Mundle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandita,

ODM frame work creates tables from the Structure at the back end. So if you extend the structure of an ODM object then you have to regenerate the ODM.

Step 1: Extend the structure

Step 2: Regenerate the ODM

Now you have a custom field in ODM and you need to fill up the same:

So you can check the class

/SCMB/CL_ODM

In this class you have methods :

SET1 - Sets data at one level

SET2 - Sets data at two levels

SET3 - Sets data at three levels

So, I hope it 'll help.

Thanks,

Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandita Mundle

As your query is more of technical related.

Kindly post this query in ABAP-General. As it requires knowledge of BOL Object and applicaton classes.

Regards

Vinod

Edited by: Vinod Kumar Pedapati on Aug 12, 2010 1:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Any advise on my question?

Nandita Mundle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandita,

You can try by adding custom fields to ORDER structure "/SCMB/DM_ORDER_STR" in SNC using the "Append Structure" option. But you need to make use of Enhancements to display this on web UI screens of SNC depending upon in which screen you want to display this information. For example, if you want to display this information PO details page, Enhancements needed in class "/SCF/CL_APP_MODEL_PO_DETAIL".