cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling in SAP PS vs. Primavera vs. MSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

can anyone tell me what is benefits and drawback only for scheduling in compare with SAP PS with respect to Primavera and MSP. as I know that primavera is best for scheduling among three but what cause it makes better then other two. can anyone gives some comparison between this three wrt scheduling only.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pramila,

I have worked in both worlds. Primavera is only used for construction projects by contractors. It is mainly user friendly.

The funcitonalitywise both are same. The concept for calculating the floats using CPM, PERT methods are same universally. All the software uses this concept only.

regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan / Dmitry

Thank you for your valuable information.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

MSP and Primavera are special products for PM. When you implement another aspects of PM (finance, budgeting and so on) you should buy Navision, Axapta and then integrate it. In SAP you do it faster and better as possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry

Thank you for your prompt reply I agree with you that MSP and Primavera are use for PM and as far as Integration concern no one can come closer to SAP but if I want to compared among this three with consider only at scheduling which is the more comfort for user and why ? In added what are benefits and disadvantages if we speak only talk on scheduling part among three as many people suggest that primavera is better then SAP in scheduling but why ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. because of managing global pool of resources

2. system landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry

Can you elaborate in detail what you want to say? What SAP fails to give in scheduling part which primavera provide? Why peoples are use primavera or MSP only for scheduling even if they are using SAP in use?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should give more information about your scenario of integration SAP and Primavera. Reasons maybe different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry

My Customer knows the benefits of SAP against primavera with integration of all module but when we talk about scheduling in SAP PS against primavera or MSP its have some drawbacks. Even customer like L&T and some other clients use primavera for scheduling even they use SAP. So I just wants to know why primavera or MSP overcome to SAP in scheduling part? which things are not permitted in SAP which primavera can do easily. I never work on Primavera if you already work on primavera can you share your view on this?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

[Oracle's Primavera Inspire for SAP 7.0|http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/primavera-inspire-for-sap-70-071729.html]