cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legacy Inspection lots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client was initailly using SAP version 4.1.

Now they are migrating to version 6.0. They want to uplaod all the legacy inpection lot (inspetion type 89), with all there characterctics values & there UD.

Edited by: Mayank MEHROTRA on Aug 6, 2010 9:22 AM

Please guide me with steps and necessary info which could be vital for the same.

I would be doing this for the first time so help & ideas are invited

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is possible but hyou must have everything set up right.

1) Create a file of the legacy lots along with material number and batch number.

2) Create 89 inspection lots using the material number and batch number, (LSMW). You might want to put into the short text of the inspection lot the legacy inspection lot number for easy reference.

3) You should have made sure that the inspection plan used in the new system for this is IDENTICAL to the one in the legacy system.

4) Download the results from the legacy lots.

5) Map the legacy characteristics to the new characteristic numbers

6) upload the legacy results to the appropriate inspection lots. (probably an ABAP program for this, not LSMW).

It won't be easy. The above is a very high level outline of the steps. You'll find a lot of details still to be added.

The new inspection lots WILL NOT match the legacy ones. You will not be able to do that. Trying to do so will cause you all kinds of headaches and could realy screw up your number ranges for the inspection lots. And in reality, there is no need to do so.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion to u r query, take only opened (Without UD) inspection lots in new system, UD happened lots keep in old system 4.1 becs these inspection lots will have only reference purpose.

Edited by: SHIVA PATIL on Aug 6, 2010 1:24 PM