cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS ECC Intra System

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario were i need to run the "ERP Initial Package for Time based Reduction" within the same system but different clients.

Is this possibe?

When i reach the step maintain RFC Destination, i maintain all the details and when i save the settings it shows a message "Not all RFC destination is ready for use".The RFC destinations get created in the Central/Control System.But not in the Sender/Receiver Client.

I believe this is because, the RFC name that the TDMS package generates is such that it cannot be run within the same system.

Can someone throw light on this? Is this scenario possible?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suman_pr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client number would be the receiver client and not the Sender.

In the list displayed, the left column refers to the Sender Logical System Name. You are required to maintain the logical system name of the receiver system in the Right Column against a system listed in the left hand column.

And the default client deletion technique depends on the TDMS landscape. In your case, since Sender and Receiver are on the

same system, the deletion technique would most probably be chosen as Array Delete.

As Mr. Sunny rightly said, this scenario should be avoided in case performance and time is of the essence.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

Completed the intra-system TDMS client reduction scenario,it worked out well.

Regards

AnoopKrishnan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Task complete

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can run TDMS package on the same system and between different clients. However SAP don't recommend to run TDMS package on the same system.

We tried this scenario, but we faced with the problem that Data Deletion step was very slow. Reason was because there are 2 ways to delete data in receiver system: Array delete and drop insert.

Drop insert is faster way to delete the data from the receiver client. But in this method it first delete data from all clients during the run and restores it back when deletion is completed. But this method you cannot use as receiver and sender both are on same system.

You have to use Array Insert only which is usually very slow as it first select the all the entries in table related to target client and then drop it. So, it is slow.

That is the reason SAP don't recommend to have TDMS run in same system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

This step "Assign Logical System Names in Receiver System"

What should be maintained against the Sender logical system name

1) The Receiver Logical System Name

2) The Sender system name itself

Since logical system names BD54 are cross client i have a feeling that if i select the first option it will replace the logical system in Sender as well, coz sender and receiver are same systems but different client.

Also which is the default method for Client Deletion

"Drop Insert" or "Array Insert"

Regards

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logical system name will be <sid>CLNT<client no>. It will not replace the logical system name of sender client.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which client no? Sender or Receiver?