SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve batch from serial number in MIGO transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all Gurus,

My company already implement ECC6.0 with IS-Retail function. And I have some concern that my company would like to activate batch for control the stock at DC and Store level and some articles also control serial number.

When I would like to move the stock (ex. stock transfer between storage location MVT 311) in sap system I need to specify the batch first and specify serial number later. But in the physical stock what we know is serial number. So would it be possible to specify serial number first and let's the system to find out batch from serial number?

And one concern it's possible that serial numbers that I select maybe have different batch number.

Ex. Serial Number 1 belong to batch A

Serial Number 2 belong to batch B

Serial Number 3 belong to batch B

When posting in MIGO transaction it's should to split in 2 line

First line Mat xxx Qty 1 Batch A Serial Number 1

Second line Mat xxx Qty 2 Batch B Serial Number 2, 3

Have anyone already have some case like this? Please help to suggest possible solution.

Best Regards,

Kate

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kate,

I have some experience in Batch Management with IS Retail ECC 6. I believe their is a valid solution to it.

coming to your query of way to aviod manually assignment of batches and spliting it for the site to site stock transfer via mvt type 301 or 311.

we need to create Batch Search Strategy and Sort Rule for it. The steps to do it as follows.

1. Create a Characteristic via CT04 for batch handling in the search strategy with class type "23"table name "MCHA" and field name "CHARG". If you are working with fixed value of batches, define it as the characteristic values or if you have batches creating internally by the system, Put a * in it.

2. Create a class in CL02 with class type "23" and assign this newly created characteristic to it.

3. Now create a sort rule in CU70 and assign this same characteristic to it and select the ascending or desending check box based upon your choice of "FIFO" or "LIFO".

4. Now create a new strategy for batch determination while doing different inventory movements. Go to Logistics General  Batch Management  Batch Determination & Batch Check  Strategy Types  Define Inventory Management Strategy Type. Copy the standard one and create one for you and assign the class and sort sequence created above to it and define the number of spilts of batches, should happen, if in case one batch is insufflcient to handle the required movement of stock. maximum it could be 999.

5. Now create batch search procedure definition. Go to Logistics General  Batch Management  Batch Determination & Batch Check  Batch Search Procedure Definition  Define Inventory Management Search Procedure. Copy the standard one and create one for you and assign the condiiton type created in the step above (strategy) and save it.

6. Now assign the class created above to all the relevant article via CL20N.

7. Now assign batch search procedure to the relevant movement types. Go to transaction OMCG and assign the mvt type 301, 311 and other relevant movement types.

8. Maintain the condition record for the Batch Search Strategy via MBC1 / MBC2.

9. Activate Batch classification for goods movements via OMCV as per choice.

I trust it will help you a lot. If you find and believe the same, please assign the relevant points to me.

Kind Regards,

Kunwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I have some experience in Batch Management with IS Retail ECC 6. I believe their is a valid solution to it.

coming to your query of way to aviod manually assignment of batches and spliting it for the site to site stock transfer via mvt type 301 or 311.

we need to create Batch Search Strategy and Sort Rule for it. The steps to do it as follows.

1. Create a Characteristic via CT04 for batch handling in the search strategy with class type "23"table name "MCHA" and field name "CHARG". If you are working with fixed value of batches, define it as the characteristic values or if you have batches creating internally by the system, Put a * in it.

2. Create a class in CL02 with class type "23" and assign this newly created characteristic to it.

3. Now create a sort rule in CU70 and assign this same characteristic to it and select the ascending or desending check box based upon your choice of "FIFO" or "LIFO".

4. Now create a new strategy for batch determination while doing different inventory movements. Go to Logistics General  Batch Management  Batch Determination & Batch Check  Strategy Types  Define Inventory Management Strategy Type. Copy the standard one and create one for you and assign the class and sort sequence created above to it and define the number of spilts of batches, should happen, if in case one batch is insufflcient to handle the required movement of stock. maximum it could be 999.

5. Now create batch search procedure definition. Go to Logistics General  Batch Management  Batch Determination & Batch Check  Batch Search Procedure Definition  Define Inventory Management Search Procedure. Copy the standard one and create one for you and assign the condiiton type created in the step above (strategy) and save it.

6. Now assign the class created above to all the relevant article via CL20N.

7. Now assign batch search procedure to the relevant movement types. Go to transaction OMCG and assign the mvt type 301, 311 and other relevant movement types.

8. Maintain the condition record for the Batch Search Strategy via MBC1 / MBC2.

9. Activate Batch classification for goods movements via OMCV as per choice.

I trust it will help you a lot. If you find and believe the same, please assign the relevant points to me.

Kind Regards,

Kunwar