cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing for ABAP Professional Certification P_ABAP_70?

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm considering challenging the ABAP Professional Certification exam (P_ABAP_70). I've been searching for feedback from people that may have passed it, but I have yet to find anyone who's challenged it...............

If anyone has passed it already it would be very much appreciated if you could provide some information on how you prepared/studied.

It is meant for experienced professionals, but I don't think going into the exam without preparing/studying is a good idea. There is some info on the SAP education website, but it seems similar to the ABAP Certified Associate info, yet its supposed to be different..............

Any info is much appreciated!

Cheers,

JB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have more sample questions from this exam?

Are there any useful books?

For Associate good one was:"ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7_02 - SAP Certification Success Guide"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had cleared P_ABAP_70 in April 2010.

Strategy stated by Shaquib is good. I did the same way. Go through all learning material and grasp the concept and solve live scenarios. Questions in this exams are very practical and you need to have good conceptual knowledge as well as worked on live scenarios to answer them correctly.

Best of Luck for your Exams.

Thanks,

Regards,

Mohaiyuddin

p190355
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohaiyuddin,

Are there descriptive questions, or is all objective?

Regards,

Remi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

All are objectives Question with either single correct answer or multiple correct answers.

Most of the question may be scenario based, wherein you are presented with brief scenario and you have choose the best one..

Other options may be technically correct, but you need to select the most appropiate one.

Thanks,

Regards,

Mohaiyuddin

p190355
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohaiyuddin,

Thank you for the prompt reply. How to know the pass mark?

Regards,

Remi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

===  Updating thread with experience during exam ===

I  took PABAP_70 on Oct 2011. The Majority of questions asked were on :

Enhancement Framework / WebDynpro for ABAP

Performance Tuning / SQL Statements|

Transport Management System / SAP Solution Manager

The scenarios asked for ALE IDoc were a bit confusing. And i scored 0% here.
Where the weightage for this topic was higher than the rest of the topics

I managed to score 46% when the pass mark for that year was 62%

The year before / 2010, the pass mark was 42% 😞

0 Kudos

Hello Mohaiyuddin,

I have been working for 9 years in SAP ABAP and now planning to go for ABAP professional certification. Problem is to find out the material and you know without material how it is difficult

to do preparation in a good manner. Can you help me out on this ?

Thanks,

Satendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is hardly to find the material for p_abap_70, it seems to clear the certification, you need to prepare well before go for the exam, check out the exam review of it http://www.abap.co.za/index.php/certifications/pabap70

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I've planned my exam end of march, so I'm also looking for information on how to pass this exam.

I've found a few interesting pages:

Exam information and competency areas

[http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/certroles/certificationtest.epx?context=%5b%5bP_ABAP_70%7cG%5d%5d%7c]

Sample questions

[http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/schedule/PABAP70.epx]

If any of you have more info, please share !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm also looking to take on this certification, too.

I've already bought the Associate preparation book.

I think it's a good idea to see how the exams are presentd even at a lower level.

Then, for advanced knowledge, I'll just try to review the relevant areas on SAP Help.

How are you guys going?

Cheers.

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

I am also planning to do "P_ABAP_70" , I havenu2019t found anybody . I have almost 11 years of SAP techno-functional experience . I thought , it is good idea to have "ship skin on the wall " .

Is there way ,we can touch base with each other and pursue together to prepare certification exam . Two heads are better than one!!!

The approach I have in my mind is

- Read each BCXXX course in detail , Make notes , Solve questions . Look up forums any related topics

I know , it is going to be tough , but I think key factor to pass the exam is "Reading" & "Reading" , and without any doubt you have to have hands on experience to answer questions as well.

Let me know your thoughts on it , BTW I am in US/TX/ Dallas

Thanks .

Saquib Khan

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saquib,

I've posted elsewhere as well and still no sign of anyone who has taken this exam................and I'm not really seeing the need to have the professional certification over the associate..........and the absence of people challenging this exam seems to me to be a clear indication of this.........

So I've decided not to pursue the professional certification. I have two ABAP certifications already, pre-Netweaver 7.0.......I might do the associate to upgrade to the latest version, but I'm thinking the professional will be a waste of time at this point.

Feel free to email about anything though.

Cheers,

James

p190355
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saquib Khan,

I am also preparing P_ABAP_70. Are you practicing the questions in the books.

I have just started my preparations. Barely 2 months to go.

How's your preparation going so far..?

Are there any links where you get qns to practice?

Regards,

Remi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just cleared the associate exam and it's literally nothing...It's not challenging enough...It tests basic facts about ABAP but it fails to test application of basic ABAP concepts...

So, according to me it's great to clear C_TAW12_70 but clearing it doesn't mean that it certifies that you can solve the ABAP problems on your own.

I expect the professional certifications to test that and therefore it's a good idea to take the test.

I am planning to take it sometime in the future with this assumption.