cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no mapping logic : soap to proxy scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a soap to proxy scneario with no mapping logic.wanted to confirm certain things.

Wanted to confirm certain things.

1) So i can exclude mapping and interface mapping step since i just need to pass value to proxy ?

2) in interface determination ,what i need to provide for interface mapping ?

3) sync proxy will be generated from one outbound message interface "( there will be only one outbound message interface which will be synchronous : which will be synchronous ?

4) in receiver business system , i need not put any message interface since we only have one outbound sync message interface

Thnx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to use proxy you will have to do mapping...simple 1:1 mapping should do...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how many message interfaces wil be needed for synchronous scneario without mapping ?

in case ur answer is 2 for above ? proxy needs to be generated from outbound or inbound interface?

Thnx

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how many message interfaces wil be needed for synchronous scneario without mapping ?

Two....one for Sender (Outbound) and one for receiver (Inbound)

in case ur answer is 2 for above ? proxy needs to be generated from outbound or inbound interface?

For your SOAP --> XI/ PI --> PROXY, scenario the proxy should be generated for the inbound interface

1) So i can exclude mapping and interface mapping step since i just need to pass value to proxy ?

If both the source and target structures are the same , then you do not need to perform mapping....do not create message and Interface mapping .....you should however create Interface Determination with appropriate Source and Target interfaces.

2) in interface determination ,what i need to provide for interface mapping ?

Nothing.....including a mapping is not mandatory.

4) in receiver business system , i need not put any message interface since we only have one outbound sync message 
interface

The message interface needs to be associated with the Business System.....it will be the inbound interface for SOAP --> XI --> PROXY scenario.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhishek, ( although anyone can respond )

Not sure ,but below are my thoughts....

1) one outbound synchronous message should do : values just have to be passed to proxy , proxy will take all the values and send back a response.

Proxy can be generated using this message interface ( sync message interface has request and response MT)

2) sending and recv data types are different : so 1 data type for sender and one data type for recv is required. Although no mapping is needed and no interface mapping ; in interface determination , in config time : i can put a dummy name for interface ( similar to file to file without IR Blog) and no interface mapping name in interface determination.

Please share your thoughts.

Thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

do u have a single software component version for both source and target

if it is inbound to SAP ECC how will you generate proxy for outbound interface

Answers (0)