cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write a file if interface fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have main map which reads 60 different files for clean up and we write xml files out. Then 60 Different Interface maps reads them and process separately based on type of file. no BPM involved. Just straight maps

For error handling part, business asking to write a error file if any of the above interface's fails, so that they look for error file, if exists, stop the job to load the files.

Is there a way, to handle this kind of exception.

I thought of CCMS Alert as email to XI and build another interface. If there is an easy one, please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found own answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I personally believe that you are on right track, since the error writing to file could happen on integration engine or adapter engine, only alert can cover both engines.

But the problem is that you want mail sender adapter to get the mail and sent to PI, mail adapter is based adapter engine as well, if common issue cause adapter engine malfunction, your mail message can not sent to PI, there would be another alert.

Just wait to see advise from other SDNers.

Regards

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now i found out that i may not be able continue with this Mail scenario. Because of the mail server is unable to support POP3/IMAP4

Please share some insight if there is any other way of doing this with out tweaking interface's

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will make your situation complicated:

1. You need to handle the error processing in integration engine, more over, your mapping program.

2. You need to find a way to handle the error coming from adapter.

Since you can not take advantage of alert framework, I suggest you use BPM engine.

Put your transformation step which calls your mapping program and send step that send file to target system in same block.

Inside the block, create exception handler and add exception branch, whenever the error happen on mapping or send step, the exception branch executed, in side your exception branch, you can have another send step which create a error log file.

Regards

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Liang

Thanks for the insight. seems like that's not an option because of modifying 60 interface's before go live date is not doable. We are going live by 15th of this month.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont understand why you need mail adapter.

If you will configure Alerts in ALRTCATDEF and in RWB alert configuration, assign fixed recipient and assign email id in SU01 to this recipient.

It will trigger an alert if the interface will fail in PI anywhere.

Correct me if i have not understood your scenario properly.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hetal

The steps you explained works perfect. I need to write a Error file in order to stop the subsequent jobs in other system, when something fails in xi. I have 60 Interface's whom process batch files. All the files from 60 Interface's needs to be processed successfully in order to continue with the next process.

We have no POP3/IMAP4 Account here. eMail alerts are no go at this moment even though we configured and receiving alerts as i speak

I am weighing my options to see if there is way to capture these errors from either of 60 Interface's and write an error file. So that this will be a key file to trigger consecutive job