cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping of XI party Duns# to R3 Vendor Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wondering if someone could give us some pointers on how to go about following situation:

We have configured B2B partner as XI party for posting xmls to our XI (inbound scenario) and use mapping of B2B party’s DUNS# to R3 Vendor# using Identifiers in the XI Party and inbound communication channel ReceiverChanel_Idoc.

This works fine, when message comes in Identifier are used to map DUNS numebr to R3 Vendor number.

Now, however, we need to start receiving from the same B2B Party (same DUNS#), but different physical locations which will translate to different Vendor numbers on R3.

I tired different combinations with Identifiers, but nothing works. The only solution I can think of is to configure separate scenarios for each physical location and use different R3 vendor code in Identifiers mapping. Is there easier and faster solution?

Current configuration of XI party:

Party: Party_NAME

Identifiers:

Agency Scheme Name

http://sap.co/xi/XI XIParty Party_NAME

016 DUNS 12346789 -> duns number

BS_BusinesSystem ALE#LI#LF 1234567890 -> r3 vendor number

Current configuration of IDoc comm channel:

Communication Channel: ReceiverChannel_IDoc

Service: BS_BusinesSystem

Identifiers:

Sender

Agency: BS_BusinessSystem Schema ALE#LI#LF

Receiver

Agency: BS_BusinessSystem Schema ALE#LS

In Receiver Determination Service w/o party BS_BusinessSystem is used and Receiver Agreement is using above service w/o party and ReceiveChannel_IDoc.

Currently we do not use any Header Mapping options in the Receiver Agreement configuration screen

Thanks a lot for any hints.

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Header mapping in receiver agreement is required when we are trying to send data between different systems. For example, between a Logical system and a Vendor.

Try providing the parameters for the sender and receiver party under header mapping.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

Thanks for the usefull tip. I added more configuration as well as header mapping for the receiver and it works very well now.

Regards

Margaret

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shailesh_mane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Margaret,

Did you try setting up the Rules on the R3 side.

Transaction code = SALE

after this the menu path is

Application Link Enabling (ALE) -> Modelling and Implementing Business Processes -> Converting Data Between Sender and Receiver

Based on the IDocs you are using you could maintain rules to point the the different vendors.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Regards,

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Sahilesh,

Nice to hear from you and thank you for interesting approach to solve this business case.

However, I tired to create a Rule via SALE, but it would not take EDIDC as Idoc segment. The vendor number in question is populated by Idoc Adapter on XI via Identifiers mapping described above, vendor number is part of idoc control record EDIDC-SNDPRN. The idoc we are using to map the pip xml is a custom ZIDoc and we do not store vendor number in its segment.

I belive we have to do it on XI, becuse when Idoc comes to R3 it has to post against certain vendor.

Regards

Margaret