cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend tablespace issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing an issue with extending tablespaces using BRTOOLS.

As you can see in [this|http://tinypic.com/r/2hx5ydc/4] screen shot, the previous BASIS guy tried to extend the tablespace which caused these errors. Can you please guide me how to remove these errors and extend the tablespace successfully?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nagasatya,

> As you can see in this screen shot, the previous BASIS guy tried to extend the tablespace which caused these errors

But we can't see the error .. just the return code. Post the error message itself - after that we can help you.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Stefan,

Sorry..my bad...!!!

[This|http://tinypic.com/r/2zidmq0/4] is the error log for the process which is stuck under the 9999 state.

In this process, it seems the autoextend is on and the max. size is less then the given size which has caused the problem.

How do I kill this process?

Also if I want to drop one of the data files in this tablespace, how could I do that?

Regards,

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you must end the process normally with an OS prompt.

if it was killed already, simply manipulate tables SDABH and SDBAD to delete those annoying entries.

about deleting a datafile, if it was already used, you cannot do this without losing data.

Edited by: Eric Brunelle on Aug 5, 2010 3:12 PM

audunlea_hansen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If the datafile are added ok to the database, it would be better to alter storage settings on the datafile.

Check in database with "select * from dba_data_files where tablespace_name like 'PSAPSR3700';"

Do not delete the datafile. If you really need to get rid of the file, you have to drop the whole tablespace, recreate it and restore the data. Normally you would not like to do it. Another solution for the file is to move/rename the datafile both on os and in the database.

Regards

Audun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric.