Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find an explanation of all RSPARAM settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Where can I find an explanation of all RSPARAM settings and the possible options especially for user-defined? and what does a blank user-defined field mean? I am a SAP neophyte.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

In RSPARAM report you get the desscription filed, If you want more details then copy parameter and go to RZ11 => there you w'll find "Information" button which will display all the information for selected parameter.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

In RSPARAM report you get the desscription filed, If you want more details then copy parameter and go to RZ11 => there you w'll find "Information" button which will display all the information for selected parameter.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the information. I am in the compliance team and do not have access to RZ11. Is there any other option?

0 Kudos

shaki5,

Go to SE38 and execute RSPARAM program , you will see all the values and descriptions.

Thanks,

SS

Edited by: sun on Aug 5, 2010 7:50 PM

0 Kudos

I think security team normally will not get this transaction SE38

I would suggest using SA38 with dispaly access

cheers

Franklin Jaya

0 Kudos

Does a blank user-defined field equivalent to a 0 for disabled?

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I did not understand the question can you restate in a different way

Also regarding documentation of all the profile parameters , you can also get from RZ11 and for each profile parameter there is Documentation tab.

0 Kudos

Why don't you read the documentation on the transaction? It explains exactly how default and user-defined values work.

help.sap.com should help you further, before everyone asks repeated basic questions on SDN and people post basic (or random) links for you...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Will do - Thanks everyone!

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add as sometimes the SAP definitions in SAP are really tricky to read... Another good place to look is the SAP support portal notes search. It is really useful for confusing parameters and SAP's recommended values.

Or even just use regular internet search engines to search the profile parameter you are looking for... you can find sites that have the definitions and sometimes even better practice recommendations... .

I normally start with the RSPARAM definitions in SAP as recommended and then go to the SAP notes search and lastly regular internet search engines.

Hope this helps,

Jamie

former_member643845
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I don't have access to RZ11 and SA38 to run RSPARAM.

Is there any other way or TCODE to view the password parameters in SAP?

thanks in advance,

PM

0 Kudos

Hi Pavnish,

Can you please try executing t-code RSPFPAR? It will help you to get profile parameter list.

Thanks,

Shiv

0 Kudos

Hi Pavnish

Based on your statement, it looks like you are restricted to business client either in Dev/QA/Prod. If you are a basis person, then you can check this in client 000. Else if you are not a basis person then sorry, you can't view this unless you consult your basis team to show you.

Thanks and hope will help you.

regards,

Andries