cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Stock Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our client is trying to migrate from a legacy system into an exisisting SAP sytem. I have SU and HU management active.

I also need to load there exsisting pallet number into SAP. Should I create an external number range ?

Can someone please some steps.

Thank You.

Edited by: rock_grr on Aug 6, 2010 4:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

You MUST look at OSS Note 368460 .. this details the exact process you require (using existing HU numbers from an external number range) PLUS you do NOT need to go through the process of 'manually' Creating an Inbound Delivery/ Packing the Inbound Delivery/ Posting the GR for the Inbound Delivery/ and then Creating Putaway TO's for the Inbound Delivery.

Take a look at this note before attempting any custom load procedure that will result in a huge amount of development:

OSS 368460:

You want to load physically existent and packed stocks into an (initial)

HU-managed storage location. You can use report RHUWM_INITIAL_LOAD to do

this. This report accepts data from a local file and generates Handling

Units based on this data. The goods receipt is subsequently posted for the

handling units and they are put away if necessary.

Since the packages already physically exist, we assume that they have

already been labeled and have an unique number.

thanks,

A

Edited by: WILSAQ on Aug 11, 2010 9:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit and Wilsaq for your answers.

I am trying to use report RHUWM_INITIAL_LOAD because I think this is a good option. Will update you with the results.

Thank You.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I suggest you first need to test the cycle in sand box and see what are the config settings and coding required to bring the stock from legacy to SAP system.

If you are bringing the stock from legacy, then you need to use 561 movement type.

If your warehouse is SU managed and storage location is HU managed, then when you execute MB1C-561, it creates an inbound delivery, you need to pack this inbound delivery with the same external number as the SU that you are bringing into SAP.

when you create TO for an inbound delivery, the SU will be putaway into the warehouse. After TO confirmation, you execute a goods receipt..

You definitely need to use the external number range for the SU as well as HU for the initial stock, if the requirement is to bring the existing SUs into the system. This process is bit cumbersome, but i suggest you carry out each and every step and see how you can get your program coded..

This is just a starting point for you to research further and fine tune your process. please check if you and your programmer can code object and program RM07MMBL and avoid any delivery creation and post matl document and then TOs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal, Thank you very much for that information. This give me a direction to start.

I have one more question, there are a few plants that are already on SAP, so we are planning to have an SAP Outage i.e. shut everyone out and load the innventory for the new plant and then bring everyone on, because we are using an external number range? PLease let me know if this is the way to go.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Having an outage always the right strategy when you are bringing new plants into SAP. Have your outage timeline planned and load all the stock and get verified from FI and business and get sign off. And get the existing plants functionally validated to make sure they are working as they supposed to before you release these plants to user community for business transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Gopal,

The only reason I am keeping this thread active is because I can ask questions as I go along.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to add on it, you can use the BADI_HU_AUTOPACK, the alteration in this BADI will help you to map your external HUs in SAP while doing the process of MB1C-561-InbDelvy and all. We had used this BADI and tuned it in a way that the standard SAP HU number range got suppressed each time when exernal HU was provided during packing in inbound delivery.

Amit G