Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Sample transferred between Storage locations

Hi Experts,

I'm just got involved in QM recently. And I'm facing a problem which I don't know how to resolve it...

Well, my client has a 3rd party warehouse, which is 30 KM away from its own manufacturing plant. The packing materials my client buys are shipped to the 3rd party warehouse and stored there before they are required by production. When the packing materials are received, the 3rd party warehouse does the sampling and send the samples to my client for inspection.

The WM guy on my project is going to set the 3rd party warehouse as a storage location belonging to the my client's manufacturing plant.

Based on this...my question is:

1. By using inspection type "01", the materials are posted to "Inspection Stock" when doing GR. As far as I know, the inspection lot as a whole is able to post transfer from storage location to storage location. But how can I handle tranfering the samples? The quantity is too big to ignore from IM point of view..

2. The 3rd party warehouse is not authorized to unpack the box containing the packing materials. So when they do sampling, they just pick the whole packs which cover the sample size and send them for inspection. The inspecton guys then unpack the box, do the actual sampling and send the remainings back to the 3rd party warehouse...How can I set the system to support such kind of business?

I'm stuch here for couple of days...I am really looking forward for any help or hints....

Thanks.

Yuan

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question