cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump when trying to open FPM for Web Dynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am receiving a short dump while trying to open a Web Dynpro Application in FPM. I go to SE80 and open the Web Dynpro component 'FPM_OIF_COMPONENT'. I then choose the application '/sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif'. I then click Web Dynpro Application -> Test -> Execute in Administration Mode. A new IE browser is opened and I then receive a short dump. The name of the short dump runtime error is 'OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED_NO' and the exception is 'CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL'.

I have not used FPM before. I would like to use it to remove the 'Close' button from this application. Do I need to initialize FPM before using it?

Please help.

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check your Authorizations with the basis.

Rgds

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeffery Andersen,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to preview FPM_OIF_COMPONENT.

I think this component can not be executed as it just is a template for creating a FPM applications. In other words, it is an interface that can be used to created a WD ABAP application from work bench.

This [Floor Plan Manager - ABAP|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/90f3cfd2-46d0-2b10-b3ab-eabf3452cc50&overridelayout=true] can help you understand better.

Best regards,

Chinnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please give me a bit more details. What have we to do to link the application with the configuration?

I think that should be the error, isn't it?

Thanks,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Jeffery Andersen,

>

> If I understand correctly, you are trying to preview FPM_OIF_COMPONENT.

>

> I think this component can not be executed as it just is a template for creating a FPM applications. In other words, it is an interface that can be used to created a WD ABAP application from work bench.

>

> This [Floor Plan Manager - ABAP|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/90f3cfd2-46d0-2b10-b3ab-eabf3452cc50&overridelayout=true] can help you understand better.

>

> Best regards,

> Chinnu

Hi Chinnu,

Your understanding is not correct, he is trying to execute the application /sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif'.

Hallo Jeff,

everyone have suggested lots of possibilities. Nothing works for you. I would suggest the following.

Go and execute any other FPM application which uses FPM_OIF_COMPONENT,does it work ?

If it works then you can narrow down that /sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif is not working and you can raise a OSS ticket.

If it is not working then you have to see if you have right BASIS versions to use FPM.

Edited by: Baskaran Senthivel on Dec 6, 2010 1:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

This also does not work. It just opens a browser window and then asks to shut it. Any other ideas?

Hi Lavanya,

These notes are already implemented as we are already on this support pack. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I'm not quite sure of the exception though.

But to hide the close button just go to the relavant component configuration of that WDC and make it invisible , save the changes.

Then try to test the application directly from the portal.

Hope this works for you..

Regards

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

I am not able to hide the button through the relevant component configuration. It is not an option. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Double click on the /sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif, there will be two tabs namely properties and parameters tab. Choose the Parametes tab, add WDCONFIGURATIONID as parameter and give your application configuration name and test the application. Hope this will resolve your issue.

Thanks,

S Rajkumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S Rajkumar,

I have made the changes you suggested but it is still not working. I am still receiving a short dump. In my browser this is what I see when I run the "Execute in Administration mode"

Error application is coming up.

JANDER15

*SERVER NAME*

http://************:/sap/bc/webdynpro/sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif

OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED_NO

Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

Method: PREPARE_NAVIGATION of program /1BCWDY/GW4CWOGHOPZ145B0QTPJ==CP

Method: MODIFY_VIEW_ASSEMBLY of program /1BCWDY/GW4CWOGHOPZ145B0QTPJ==CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_DELEGATE~WD_INVOKE_EVENT_HANDLER of program /1BCWDY/GW4CWOGHOPZ145B0QTPJ==CP

Method: INVOKE_EVENTHANDLER of program CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW========CP

Method: FIRE_EVENT of program CL_WDR_COMPONENT==============CP

Method: IFWDR_INTERNAL_API~RAISE_EVENT of program SAPLWDR_RG_PROXY_FACTORY

Method: IF_COMPONENTCONTROLLER~FIRE_PREPARE_NAVIGATION_EVT of program /1BCWDY/GW4CWOGHOPZ145B0QTPJ==CP

Method: WDDOBEFORENAVIGATION of program /1BCWDY/GW4CWOGHOPZ145B0QTPJ==CP

Method: IF_WDR_COMPONENT_DELEGATE~WD_DO_BEFORE_NAVIGATION of program /1BCWDY/GW4CWOGHOPZ145B0QTPJ==CP

Method: DO_BEFORE_NAVIGATION of program CL_WDR_DELEGATING_COMPONENT===CP

Thanks,

Jeff

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Could you try adding the following parameters along with the URL?

&sap-wd-configId=ZERC_C_DATAOVERVIEW_UI_APP " your application configuration name

Regards,

Rajkumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar.S,

I do not understand where you would like me to add this to the URL. Please specify. The current URL is this:

http://*****************/sap/bc/webdynpro/sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif?sap-language=EN&sap-config-mode=X

The URL that is shown in the error on the browser screen is this:

http://****************:/sap/bc/webdynpro/sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif

Thanks,

Jeff

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S.Rajkumar,

I tried the URL you provided and I still receive the same error. I changed the configID also to the application that I am using and it did not work either. I then tried executing this in our QA environment but it doesn't work their either.

Any more ideas? Are you able to run FPM successfully in your environment?

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

It seems a null pointer exception.

In FPM_OIF_COMPONENT go to Web Dynpro Application and than go to desired application

Do not execute it directly.

first expand the node till the last level. and than test the application.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeffrey,

Check the notes Note 1377906 - FPM: Dump when embedding OIF/GAF in a Web Dynpro application

and Note 1282126 - FPM: You cannot hide Close button on initial screen.

I'm sure they will help you out to get rid of the issue.

Regards

Lavanya

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arvind Patel >> Thanks man, it works for me

In fact, We have to launch the configuration instead of application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See my first reply on this post. I have suggested that in details. I do not understand that why it took so much of posts to understand that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not expert in the SRM area.

You have started the application, my suggestion is to try to execute the application configuration.

Click the application node -

You see application-Configurations node - click that

now select the configuration -

Test in admin mode.

I hope this solves your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

This did not work. It also produced the same short dump as before.

Any other ideas??

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Probably it is expecting some startup parameters or something like that. Best way is to do a debug and find out where it is raising error.

Good luck,

regards

Senthivel