cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Transport route in Client specific transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I am defining client specific transport route ( CTC =1 )

DEV ( 100,200,300 )--

>QAS ( 100,200,300 )----->PRD ( 100,200,300).

Now we want to transport request from client 100 to QAS 100 same with other clients.

We have defined transport layer for each client . But want to do Std. transport layer 'SAP'?

Do we need to set transport layer 'SAP' as client specific?

I tried without client specific i.e all other transport routes are client specific except transport route 'SAP'.

But while activating I got error.

Diagnosis

The transport routes of the SAP system SEQ are maintained with and without clients. The transport routes of connected SAP systems all need to be defined in the same way

with source and target clients

without a client specification.

Procedure

Maintain the transport routes either with or without client.

Another query regarding same scenario .

Should we have multiple clients in production system?

Regards,

Arpit.

Edited by: Arpit1983 on Aug 5, 2010 7:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried without client specific i.e all other transport routes are client specific except transport route 'SAP'.

The error you are getting is correct then. Transport routes are activated either with all being client specific or nothing, you cannot have some and not others. If you want SAP standard objects to go to a system without specifying a client you can create a special target group for this.

Should we have multiple clients in production system?

This would depend on your business requirements. For example, some companies prefer to have seperate clients for HR and FI, some rather have two seperate PRD systems for each etc

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neils,

If we want to create client specific routes, then if I create transport route 'SAP' from DEV client 000 to QAS client 000.

So do I have to apply SAP Notes through client 000 only?

As far as I know, SAP support packs & notes contain cross client changes, so even if I create transport route from client 000, it should not matter. Please suggest.

Regards,

Arpit.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you want or need a route for source client 000 ? You don't transport from this client, it's used to apply new support packages but the client specific changes(the changes that will effect your customizations) are then transported along your standard client transport routes. The source client 000 does not and should not contain any customized data.

Notes or corrections are always applied in the customized client, usually in DEV system and then the changes are transported along your standard routes to TST/QAS and PRD.

Hope that makes sense.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neils,

Problem here is

-

> I have four clients in A ( development client 100 ,200,300, 400 ) , B ( 500,600,700 ), C ( 800,900,999 ).

We are using extended transport here.

So below is the request flow

Client 300 -

>transport layer Zpqr -

.>Client 600 -

>.Delivery route -

>Client 900

Client 400--

>Transport layer zxyz--->Client 700--

>Delivery route -

>client 999

Client 200 -

>transport layer Zabc------->.Client 500 -

>Delivery route -

>client 800

Client 100--

>Transport layer zdev--

>Client 500.

Now I have to set up std. transport route SAP.

All transport routes should be same i. e they all can be client specific or not .

So from where should I setup std. transport route 'SAP'

Regards,

Arpit.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So from where should I setup std. transport route 'SAP'

I've never worked with so many clients before but I would say you need a SAP standard transport layer for each client in an extended transport environment.

Also, clients in DEV, TST and PRD that are on the same transport route generally use the same client. This way it's a lot more simple to distinguish their usage in each system eg client 200 for HR in DEV, client 200 for HR in TST etc ...just a suggestion.

You should really consult with SAP on your business requirements and what you want to achieve before setting up such a complex transport environment.

Nelis