cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM design question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I have this requirement and I have designed a BPM for the same, I would appreciate if you could give me any improvements/suggestions:

Req: Receive a message from Sender A the message has a transaction ID associated to it, Send the message to Receiver B and from then on wait an Hour to receive an acknowledge from Receiver B for that transaction. if no ack is received then shoot a mail to the users saying that the transaction didn't make it through. If success don't do anything, Just end the process.

Design:

1. Recv step (to receive the message/ start the BPM)

2. Send Step (to reciever B to send the message )

3. Block --- Block has the following a. Receive step (to receive the ACK from Receiver B) b. Deadline Branch (with a wait time of 1 hour) Inside the Deadline branch there is a Send Step to send Email followed by a Control step to end the process.

Thank you! I would appreciate a betterment in design

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I would appreciate if you could give me any improvements/suggestions:

Making the BPM to wait for 1 hr leaves any scope for improvement!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, this is not a very good design. Keeping open a BPM instance for 1 hour is not recommended. In case you have hundreds or thousands of such messages coming in, it would badly hit the performance.

You haven't mentioned which kind of system is your receiver system. You may think about the following parameters:

1. What is taking so much time to send the ack?

2. Could this ack be sent later as an async interface?

Regards,

Prateek