cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSV_TNEW_OCCURS_NO_ROLL_MEMORY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SCM 5.0, with Oracle database and Linux OS.

We extract the data out of Planning area for releasing the forecast to a diff system. So we have a program which extract the data out of LC and puts in Appln server. So far it has been fine running this batch job (few years). Now i am running into this errors.

I know this is a BASIS issue. But our Basis suggests to me to decrease the data volume. Which is not possible as per business needs. We get this error even in the pl books, if we drill down by 2 chars.. I believe we have 10 or 11 GB LC memory. I am also confused this with LC memory or OS memory this error pertaining to ?

What exactly needs to be done ? Is it profile parameters adjustment / increasing the memory/ OS adjustments / Internal tables/ increasing the memory cap for user sessions ?

Can anyone help me if one faced this similar situation ? Pls don't tell me to talk to our BASIS. He is out of ideas, i guess.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a common problem faced by lot of APO projects and has nothing to do with any functional setting, this is purely a BASIS setting.

Ask your BASIS personnel to take a look at the following parameters and probably increase them:

Issue: ABAP Dump and Queue Blocks

Parameters:

(1) ABAP/HEAP_AREA

(2) em/initial_size_MB (XXXX--Eg:4092)

(3) EM/TOTAL_SIZE_MB = 262144 (removes any limitations for extended memory

system-wide)

(4) ztta/roll_area from 3000000 to 6500000 (increases roll memory available to each work process)

Your individual work processes do not have enough roll memory allocated

to them. This means that they start using heap memory and enter PRIV

mode. There is a limit to how much heap you can use also, hence your

error.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your help. But our BASIS person said to me that we have

1) em/initial_size_MB (XXXX--Eg:4092) : we have 9216

(2) EM/TOTAL_SIZE_MB = 262144 (removes any limitations for extended memory : We have 262144

system-wide)

(3) ztta/roll_area from 3000000 to 6500000 (increases roll memory available to each work process) - we have 10,000,000.

With this, i think we don't have any option for BASIS settings except to reduce data volume, which is last option for business to do here.

Thanks

Narendra

Answers (0)