cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Data flow in Scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I'd like to know the data flow in generating out the print in Scripts / Smartforms

for eg. For PO application, in ME23N we'll go to ISSUE OUTPUT TO and print according to, right...

Before this, in NACE we'll make necessary configurations like defining output type/processing routines/formname/driver program name etc....

So now my doubt is when we click print button at ME23N, it's displaying the layout which is defined at SE71....

Pls let me know how the data flows and hw the system recognises the linking up the PO application with the things......

TIA

Regards,

Suren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Surely you can use Runtime Analysis or the Debugger for that? You'll never become a better developer if you don't use the tools SAP has provided for you to figure out simple questions like this...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arul_murugan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you click the print button, standard code for ME23N will get triggered and from the standard program the program name and script or smart form name is passed to a Perform which is fetched from the database table (configured in NACE for the particular output type).

Once the control triggers the perform, it will call your program which is maintained in NACE.

Thanks

Arul