Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to make Header text , Header Note in Delivery Blling doc mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus ,

Good evening ,

There is a requirement for my client .

The header notes should be mandatory in delivery header and billing header.

Note-Here we have created " 8 "new header notes out of 8 header notes i want to make "4 "header notes as a mandatory in delivery & in billing i want make all the " 8" header to be mandatory.

Where i need to make the configuration changes for this requirement.

Looking for your inputs.

Regards

Ravi.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved the problem ,

with Enhancement

Regards

Ravi.M

Danish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Could you please share the solution, as I am facing the same issue.

Danish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund

I changed it to text as obligatory ( X text is obligatory).

But the problem is after making it as obligatory also ,system is allowing to do delivery ( PGI ) even if i don't maintain header note for the Obligatory header note and also allowing to save the delivery .But my requirement is system should n't allow to delver the goods and also system shouldn't allow to save the document.

Looking for your inputs.

Regards

Ravi.M

Edited by: RAVIMSD on Aug 6, 2010 2:22 PM

Edited by: RAVIMSD on Aug 6, 2010 2:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all

Regards

Ravi.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You can do it for delivery. In the Text determination procedure for the delivery, Change the field 'Text is Obligat.' to X Text is Obligatory for all the 4 header notes that you want to be mandatory. If in delivery, if any of the mandatory text is not filled system will take the delivery to incompletion.

However, In invoice, you can only define but cannot make it mandatory. You may have to use any user exit to check if the text are filled. Otherwise, i cant think of a way to make the text mandatory in the invoice.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Mukund S

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly refer one of my previous posting on text determination in detail for understanding

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

looking for some inputs.

Regards

Ravi.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus ,

goodmorning

Looking for some inputs to my problem.

Thanks& Regards

Ravi.M

Edited by: RAVIMSD on Aug 9, 2010 7:36 AM

Edited by: RAVIMSD on Aug 9, 2010 7:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried a few things out myself, but could not achieve any results. However, I could find a similar thread which is like your requirement. Please go thro' it. I hope it will help you.

If nothing works out then you may have to try with some delivery user exit in which you may have to read each of the text in the delivery and then block or release the delivery document accordingly.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below threads .

In addition to that if you get a warning message that text is not maintained and still ur able to do PGI , kindly change the warning message to error message.