cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO reversal problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

In our scenario (INDIA) we are doing STO from plant A to Plant B. Truck meets with an accident in midway.

Now we want to take stock back to plant A. what are the ways through which we can do goods reversal??

NOTE: 1. we dont want to do it by doing virtual MIGO at Plant B and PO- -> DO --> PGI --> proforma invoice on plant A because it is not allowed by governance rules.(If goods are not received at plant B)

2. we cant even complete the proforma invoice bacause as per the excise rules we can not cancel the invoice once it goes out of the factory gate.

Is there any other way to bring back stock in palnt A.

Regards-

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please clarify the below points

1. As you mentioned that truck got accident ,It mean goods are damaged ?

2. U want to brining back the stocks .Then what about the original excise invoice ?

3. If the return goods are non excisable ,Then how r u going to differentiate excisable and non excisable goods in the sam plant ?

4.Plant A is manufacturing plant or trading plant ?

5.Plant B is manufacturing plant or trading plant ?

As per my knowledge if the plant A is manufacturing plant then you can cancel the excise invoice and get beck the stock to plant A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii

1. As you mentioned that truck got accident ,It mean goods are damaged ?

No, goods are in ok condition.

2. U want to brining back the stocks .Then what about the original excise invoice ?

excise invoice has been created.

3. If the return goods are non excisable ,Then how r u going to differentiate excisable and non excisable goods in the sam plant ?

Goods are excisable.

4.Plant A is manufacturing plant or trading plant ?

Plant A is Manufacturing Plant.

5.Plant B is manufacturing plant or trading plant ?

Plant B is a Trading Plant.

We can not cancel excise invoice because excise deptt dont permit this. (not for even manufacturing plant)

Regards-

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

U r saying excise invoice should not be canceled , but stock should come back to plant . U r process itself is not clear .

I think you have to check the excise rules and look for the system solution .

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

With all your restrictions I am not sure this will work for you. However, this is what we do. If you post an outbound delivery with a 641 movement. You can go to transaction VL09 and put in your delivery and reverse it, which posts a 642 movement.

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

HII Mark,

For VL09 , we have to cancel our invoice first. Which we dont want to do.

Regards-

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case, the stock will be lying in 'Stock in transit" as the receiving plant has not done GR so far. To get the stock back from Stock in Transit to Plant stock, I think you can use the movement type 557 in either MIGO or MB1A transaction and try to achieve this.

As I dont have a system with me right now, I can't check the same. You please try it out and see.

Regads

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

When i do MIGO or MB1A by 557 system says "In the receiving plant, the material is subject to split valuation. For

this material, a stock transfer cannot be carried out using the two-step

procedure."

"Use the one-step procedure (movement type 301) or a stock transfer order

for the stock transfer."

Because we are using movement type 641 so, i guess, its not working with 557 movement type.

Other way plzz??

Regards-

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I have some questions. I use STPO's often.

Are you using a UB purchase order type?

Are you using an oubound delivery with the PO ?

In transaction MB1B you can make plant to plant transfers by using movement type 301.

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Mark

Thanks for reply.

Yes we do use PO type UB and Out bound delivery.

THing is for using movement type 301 we are bound to do MIGO at plant B. this is what we dont want to do as written above.

Other solution plzz

Regards-

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think you do the migo on plant B and after this you give them credit note for the same.

Regards,

Sandip