cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Exchange Rate for VPRS is always from OB08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

The issue I have is that the Exchange Rate for VPRS is always calculated as per OB08 settings though the Exchange Rate in "Sales Order - Header - Sales" is maintained at a different value.

PR00 = INR 1000.00

VPRS = INR 600.00

OB08 --> 50.00 x 1 INR = 1 USD

Manual Entered Value in "Sales Order - Header - Sales" --> 40.00 x 1 INR = 1 USD

PR00 = INR 1000.00 = USD 250.00 (1000 ÷ 40)

VPRS = INR 600.00 = USD 120.00 (600 ÷ 50, but i need the calculation as 600 ÷ 40 = 150)

The same issue was available in the forum but there was no solution provided -

Strange that in one Sales Order in one Line Item, for one pricing procedure, system is using 2 exchange rates, one for PR00 and other pricing conditions and a different one for VPRS. The OB08 value is used for VPRS only and for anyother condition types, system is using the manually changed Exchange Rate.

Gurus, I need your help in understanding this system behaviour and ways to rectify it.

Thanks in advance.

With best Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
though the Exchange Rate in "Sales Order - Header - Sales"
     is maintained at a different value.

Dont check in sale order. Check once you generate a billing document at header level where also you can find the exchange rate would be fetched from ob08.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement is if we have specified a manual Exchange Rate in Sales Order or a Billing Document, all the conditions including VPRS should be calculated at the manually specified Exchange Rate.

But the issue is all the condition types are calculating as per the manually given Exchange Rate, only VPRS is still calculating at OB08 rate and not at the manually entered Exchange Rate.

How to make VPRS calculate at the manually entered Exchange Rate?

Regards

Venkat - Hyd

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata Ramana,

I am facing similar issue. Please help me if you got the solution

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread since no more suggessions and the issue is, as it is before, in doubt.

Regards

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the below OSS notes;

Note 547570 - FAQ: VPRS in pricing and Note 640692 - Currency conversion VPRS

Per note 547570, point 8,

8. Why does the currency translation for the VPRS differs from that for other conditions?

In contrast to other conditions, conditions with condition category 'G' are always translated with exchange rate type 'M', regardless of the exchange rate type defined in the customer master (exception: intercompany billing). This is supposed to guarantee that the updated costs are identical in FI and in CO. For additional information, refer to Notes 185225 and 50478.

Hope this helps to understand the system behavior.

Regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer following SAP Notes for understanding:

- Note 15462 - The cost in the billing document is '0'

- Note 185225 - Currency transl.for conditions with cat.

- Note 78799 - Rounding differences for condition VPRS

Try - Use Tcode OB08, select the type M and check whether you have maintained exchange rate between your desired Currency

Thanks & Regards

JP