cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change SAP* Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I want to change my SAP* and DDIC Password but as you all know there is no User Master Record.So is there any Procedure to Change the password.Currently im able to login from SAP*/pass.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you MUST create a user master record for SAP*, otherwise your system can be easyly exploited!

The recommendation is, to give SAP* limited profiles and lock the account

as well and work with a diffrent User, but do NOT leave it the way, that

you do not have a master record for SAP*.

That is extremly dangerous.

Once there is a master record, you can process SAP* as any other user

Hope this helps

Volker

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are having another admin level user in affected Client, you can create SAP* & DDIC user ids by comparing the same with another systems.

If you are not having another admin level user in affected client then, With the activation of Profile Parament login/no_automatic_user_sapstar (login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=0), one can login with SAP* user id and with password pass in affected client.

Then one can create another admin level user in affected client and then again reset that profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 1. (Profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar activation/deactivation requires SAP System restart.)

After deactivating Profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar (=1), one can reset the password of SAP* (& DDIC) user in affected client with another admin level user in affected client.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already tried the steps you added above.but still im unable to change Passwords.

i got the error SAP* doesnot exist.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

change your SAP profile, change or add login/no_automatic_user_sapstar and set it to 1.

restart your SAP instance

sqlplus / as sysdba

delete from sapsr3.usr02 whenre bname='SAP*' and mandt='XXX'

( change XXX with the client number)

exit;

start SAP and login in to client XXX with password PASS.

you can now create SAP* and DDIC with transaction SU01.

change your SAP profile, change login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0.