cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR MESSAGE: Payment amount is larger than cash on hand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

good day guru

please i have a serious issue am trying to post my cash journal and its giving me this error massage

Message no. F5A055 ERROR MESSAGE: Payment amount is larger than cash on hand.

regards

roro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you have to receive cash into the imprest account before you can utilize it for payments. This receipt has to happen from FBCJ transaction itself like cheque or cash receipt. Amount transferred through F-02 or any other transaction into the imprest account is not recognized.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RAVI

PLEASE HOW DO I GET THE TOTAL AMOUNT RECEIVED THROUGH FBCJ INTO THE IMPREST ACCOUNT.THIS WIL ENABLE ME CHECK THE OVERALL BALANCE RECEIVED THROUGH FBCJ THEN I CAN MANUALLY DO MY CALCULATIONS BASED ON THE OVERALL TOTAL AND THE TOTAL PAYMENTS MADE SO FAR

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That note is valid only for releases 4.6B and 4.6C.

In the FBCJ transaction, you should receive cash through the Business transation for cash receipts (like withdrawal from bank, customer cash payments etc) in the Cash receipts tab. Only if you do this, the same will reflect in the balances.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Always check the cash journal balance as on today and confirm the closing balance amount is more than the amount of document, which you want to post now.

And alos please check the below thread, where i have given the solution and it resolved the issue.

[]

Regards,

Srinu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Run the program RFCJ1 through SE38 .

This will delete all the data from TCJ_Balance table.

its not risky and I have done it in my PRD.

Regards

Tushar

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roro,

You are checking the balance for a particular day where the system is showing cash in hand. But if you check the balance for further days, you find less balance than you are try to posting the payment.

Please check the balance upto year end then you come to know.

Rgds

Murali. N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether the sufficient amount is available in the "Closing Balance" of your cash journal.

The amount being paid should be less than or equal to that.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI GAV

THE CLOSING BALANCE IS OVER A MILLION AND AM TRYING TO POST 80,000

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For reference understanding, check following links:

Thanks & Regards

JP