cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple versions of the same Web Dynpro application on the same SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a single application (local development) and deploy directly to a SAP Portal(NW 7.0) from NWDS Version: 7.0.15

No problems there, works like a charm.

But I want to have multiple versions of the same application on one portal. Eg. ill build a version 1.0 for test and deploy this. Then continue to work on version 1.1 deploying this directly on the portal. The two versions should now co-existing under different names and/or packages.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

May be you can try this and see if this works for you. I am not 100% sure if it will work for you, but worth a try I guess. Create a Test WebDynpro project and try the following steps on this project. If they work out correctly and serve the purpose for you only then try them on your actual Web Dynpro project.

1. Create a test Web Dynpro project say "TestWDProject" with Component say "Comp1" and the default views and windows etc.

Also create some working application our of this component and Windows using the Context.

2. Right click the "Comp1" and select Copy.

3. Right click 'Components" node in the project structure and select "Paste"

4.This step will try to paste the copy of Comp1 as a new Component.

5. You can change the Name and Package of the Component.

6.Similarly you'll get the prompts for views,windows etc.

7.Once you have copied everything, Just check if everything looks good.

8.Now you can create a new Application using this new component and the Component Interface View and Deploy it.

9.Test whether the Application created out of this copy works same as the original component.

You can also try to create another Web Dynpro project and paste the Comp1 in the Components node of that new project and perform the same steps.

Again, try with these Test Projects and see if this serves your purpose before applying the steps on actual projects.

Regards,

Ajay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay

Instead of copying to a new project I define a new test component and test application in the main project. I did this so I did not have to relink my entire model in a new project. (Huge model)