cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy towards a QAS System that already exists

0 Kudos

Hello.

It would need to plan a refreshment of a whole system of quality with

production data. This system would be a BI 7.0 system (NetWeaver 2004s)

with AS ABAP and AS JAVA. Therefore the procedure to follow is to

execute a homogeneous system copy.

My doubt is, when the system destiny already exists, it is necessary

uninstall it before the copy? or when i execute the SAPINST to realise

the copy in the system destiny, ¿it will be overwritten?.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you very much. Finally I 've opened an OSS to SAP Support, and they recommend me remove the entire target system first.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can follow the below steps, you almost got all the steps correct.

Prod:

Take an online or offline backup of the database.

Export only Java using SAPINST - this will export only SDM content and you can do this while Java is running, I have tested this several times and it works.

QA:

If you are using Oracle:delete sapdata's and use the normal database specific tools to restore.

Run SAPINST and select ABAP+JAVA -> database specifc tools and it will ask for the exported JAVA from Prod.

We have done database specific system copy for multiple TB ABAP+Java systems and it works perfectly.

Let me know if you need any additinal information.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For System copy of any Dual stack (ABAP+ JAVA ) you need to drop the database. No need to delete the instance sapinst will take cae of it. Otherwise it will throw a error if you try to import the source system without dropping the database.

<SID> already exists..

0 Kudos

Hi again.

Thanks for your answers.

Then I understand that main steps would be:3

1- Execute a Export of AS Java in my source system (PRD)

2- Do offline backup in my source system (PRD)

3- In the target system, that already exists, execute SAPINST and remove the database instance.

4- Execute the SAPINST in Target System and do the system copy with database specific tools for AS ABAP and use Source Export for AS Java.

My preoccupation is to know if I need to uninstall my target system completely or if it is enough to me with remove the database.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Uninstall of target system is manditory , before you performace system copy using sapinst.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But I think when you import the PRD export data and run SAPINST in QAS it will overwrite all the data isn't it ?

After that you can perform the post copy activities mention in Homogenous System Copy guide...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sonia,

i would like to suggest to run the report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL in the source system as a standard procedure before taking the export.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sonia,

I would suggest you to run the report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL in the source system as a standard procedure before taking the export.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest way is to delete the database only and perform the system copy using "database specific tools" method..

Kind regards,

Mark

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> The easiest way is to delete the database only and perform the system copy using "database specific tools" method..

>

> Kind regards,

>

> Mark

Database copy method is not recommended if system is dual stack system as most of the settings for Java system lies in the file system. So you have to take Java export from the source system first.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you have to take Java export from the source system first.

The system copy method is taking care of this... Using database specific tools is only taking care of the fact that you don't have to export/import your entire database, but that this can be done via backup/restore. The rest of the activities, like exporting SDM, etc. will be executed in the same way...

Kind regards,

Mark