cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation problem in sap netweaver 6.0 SR3 with ms sql server 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am installing SAP NET WEAVER 7.0 SR3 WITH MS SQL SERVER 2005 Data base in windows 2003 server R2 X64 OS.

IN SAP INST at " unpack SAP archives " phase i got the error message. I did try all the means to resolve it. can someone

point out what could be the issue and how to resolve it.

" ERROR 2010-08-04 22:16:34.406

FCO-00011 The step unpack with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_Unpack|ind|ind|ind|ind|8|0|unpack was executed with status ERROR ."

please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Step into the installation directory and check the file SAPCAR.log.

Markus

boobboo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try and unpack the archive manaually using the same tools as the SAPInst application.

This will determin whether it is a user problem, or a corrupted package, or whether you have the right installation media.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Make sure that the path where the kernel and other dumps are loaded is accessible. Also check whether the dumps are intact.

Please update the thread with the solution if ur issue got resolved.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Edited by: Varadhu on Aug 15, 2010 10:24 AM

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please verify the dumps you are using for SAP Installation. Such error, while unpacking the source using SAPinst, can point to damaged source. Identify the damaged source(if its there..) and retry again.

If the source is verified and still such error is coming, then use latest SAPinst or use the same SAPinst with verified Installation Master source.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff