Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

challenging issue with JDBC sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys

I have this requirement

From Oracle Database I have to read to tables one for the header and one for the detailes and map the result to one RFC.

I have only worked with one table at the time with the JDBC sender adapter but never with 2 tables

My challenges are

1 - How I can read the 2 tables at the same select statement , I suppose I have to use a join with 2 identical fields , so far so good ,but how I can handle multiple records

suppose the result is 10 new different records which each of the recored has to be mapped to the RFC , then we will have 10 RFC calls.

how can I do the mapping in this case.

2 - How can I update the 2 tables at the samme time and flag them as processed , as far as I know we can not use 2 update statement in the same JDBC sender

any help will do

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case your requirement is JDBC to RFC.

I will suggest you to use JDBC to Proxy, & Post the data using Proxy code into Z(Custom) Table for Header & Details.

Pick data from Header Oracle Database table & Update Flag for picked.

Pick data from Details Oracle Database table & Update Flag for picked.

Now use 2 interfaces & post data for both in One Z(custom) table on ECC System using Proxy.

Now you have data at ECC system, use program for upload data on ECC Standard system, now you can use your RFC function module to post data in ECC system from Z table, also Flag data in Z table after Posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the replayes

The RFC is used to create and Invoice Idoc , It has to be one record (Header and Item ) to one RFC.

a JDBC to IDoc can also be used , but we have to update another table in SAP that is why the RFC,

My doubt is how the Data type for the sender JDBC should look like , as mentioned I have 2 tables to fetch data from

<Invoice>

<Header> 1 -- 1

<f1>

<f2>

<f3>

</Header>

<Item> 1--n

<f1>

<f2>

<f3>

</Item>

</Invoice>

The sender JDBC returns

<Invoice>

<row>

<f1>

<f2>

<f3>

</row>

</Invoice>

How can I replicate the data type to meet the JDBC sender structure.

and regarding the mapping do I have to change the occurrunce to 0 -- unbounded

regarding the update Ragu is right in his suggestion

Table1 can be used as primary table, Table2 can be used as Secondary table.. u will have key field to link both table.

So Just Updating only Primary Table(Table1) will helps on this.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used join to fetch from the 2 tables , created the data type according to the result and updated only one table with the flag.

Closing

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
1 - How I can read the 2 tables at the same select statement , I suppose I have to use a join with 2 identical fields , so far so good ,but how I can handle multiple records
suppose the result is 10 new different records which each of the recored has to be mapped to the RFC , then we will have 10 RFC calls.
how can I do the mapping in this case.

For this, you dont need to have 10 RFC calls... you can have one RFC call with 10 records in Tables in RFC.

2 - How can I update the 2 tables at the samme time and flag them as processed , as far as I know we can not use 2 update statement in the same JDBC sender

Table1 can be used as primary table, Table2 can be used as Secondary table.. u will have key field to link both table.

So Just Updating only Primary Table(Table1) will helps on this.

Regards,

R.Ragu