cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd SWCV Dependency best Practice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I have a scenario wherein , i need to extensivley use the objects in a Standard SWCV(say ABC).

I have multiple SWCV which needs the strucuturs (Global DT's) from ABC.

Qns:

1. Can i create a dependency for All SWCV for ABC? will that create any issues latter when i move to different environments.

2.Is there any special care needs to be taken to maintain the dependency

3.Instead of creating dependency , should i copy ?its a huge effort ,i know but it will be one time..should i go for it or create dependecy.

Creating dependency will make my work easier but i am not sure if it is a standard practice

Will this have any issue in server space? does dependency creates a copy of objects under "Basis Objects" or its just a

reference..i guess its a reference but not sure.

Please share your views on the best practice..i amon PI 7.1 ehp1.

Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Yes. Dependency should be maintained in all environments but it shouldn't be a problem.

2. Nothing special I think.

3. No, use dependency.

Will this have any issue in server space?

No issues.

does dependency creates a copy of objects

No, it should be reference.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should not be any problem if you create dependency between the SWCVs when you move to another environment. The only thing is, you should create dependency in each environments.

We had used the dependency between SWCVs in my last project. In our case we were having centralised SLD, so we maintained the dependency only once while creating the SWCVs in SLD. If you are having different SLDs for different environments then u need to maintain the dependency there between SWCV(if it is not there).

Other than that, We didnt face any issues in having the dependency between the SWCVs.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. Can i create a dependency for All SWCV for ABC? will that create any issues latter when i move to different 
environments.

Dependency has to be maintained in (all) the environments which you work in...DEV, QA, PROD.

does dependency creates a copy of objects under "Basis Objects" or its just a reference

it is reference.