cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO - Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to make a JCO connection through an application server (single server) instead of message server (load balanced).

I included the application Server in SLD administration.

When I reference this application Server in Webdynpro configuration manager, in JCO connection, all parameters seem to be ok, but I got the error message:

CIM_ERR_FAILED MAXLEN(2) violeted for property AppServNumber.

I filled application server number in the field labeled "number"....should I put this information in some another place too??

Any ideas?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo,

I don´t know the solution of your problem but the easiest way to get your R/3 system data into SLD is by using SLD supplier bridge and (I think) transaction RZ70 in your R/3 system. When configured correctly the R/3 system sends its data automatically to the SLD server which registers the R/3 system then.

Have a look at Post-Installation Guide of SLD which is available at service marketplace.

Additionally you should know that you need a message server if your are working with Adaptive RFC for retrieving the meta data of your function modules.

In Web Dynpro Administrator you have to define to JCO destionations. One for meta data (message server) and another for model data (message or application server).

Does this help?

Helmut