Did you mean: 

Siongle Inspection Lot generatoin for multiple GRs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

The scenario is as follows :

1. Batch1 is produced in Plant1 and transferred to Plant2

2. In Plant2 an Inspection Lot of type 01 is generated

3. In Plant2 UD is take for this lot and the entire quantity of 1000 is approved and placed in unrestrictes stock

4. Out of this 1000, a quantity of 300 is shipped to customer and 700 is sent back to Plant1 for re-work

5. Re-work is carried out in Plant1 and quantity of 700 is shipped back to Plant2 through multiple GRs under the same batch Batch1

6. As one Inspection Lot for Batch1 in Plant2 is already approved, the system doesnt creates another Inspection Lot and the quantity of 700 directly moves to unrestricted stock

Requirement : Inspection Lot should be generated at Plant2 when the material is received for the second time

Currently in Plant2 the Material Master is set to generate Inspection Lot for each 'Material, Batch and Storage Location' for Inspection Type 01. I understand that if I change this setting to u2018for each material document itemu2019 one Inspection Lot will be generated for each GR. But the requirement is to generate only 1 Inspection Lot for this batch even though there are multiple GRs.

Please help in this scenario.

Regards,

Manish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

The scenario is as follows :

1. Batch1 is produced in Plant1 and transferred to Plant2

2. In Plant2 an Inspection Lot of type 01 is generated

3. In Plant2 UD is take for this lot and the entire quantity of 1000 is approved and placed in unrestrictes stock

4. Out of this 1000, a quantity of 300 is shipped to customer and 700 is sent back to Plant1 for re-work

5. Re-work is carried out in Plant1 and quantity of 700 is shipped back to Plant2 through multiple GRs under the same batch Batch1

6. As one Inspection Lot for Batch1 in Plant2 is already approved, the system doesnt creates another Inspection Lot and the quantity of 700 directly moves to unrestricted stock

Requirement : Inspection Lot should be generated at Plant2 when the material is received for the second time

Currently in Plant2 the Material Master is set to generate Inspection Lot for each 'Material, Batch and Storage Location' for Inspection Type 01. I understand that if I change this setting to u2018for each material document itemu2019 one Inspection Lot will be generated for each GR. But the requirement is to generate only 1 Inspection Lot for this batch even though there are multiple GRs.

Please help in this scenario.

Regards,

Manish

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One thing you don't mention is how the stock is transferred between plants. Is the material shipped via an STO? A purchase order? Is it simply a material movement transaction? What is the material movement used on the receipt? This is important as to what options you might have. Since you are getting an 01 lot, I'm kind of assuming you are using a purchase order for this?

Ideally, the SAP process for the rework would create a new batch for the rework. From a quality perspective, usually, the right thing to do is to also create a new batch for the rework material. Because it has been reworked, the material would not be similar to the original batch number it was first created from. I.e. when the batch is received back, a new production order is created, the returned batch is the raw material, and a new batch is produced from this and is shipped as the replacement batch. You than woudn't have this problem at all. Of course every business is slightly different.

So to get around this process you can try a couple of things. One, you can look at the user exits used at lot creation to influence the lot creation. This would probably be the best bet.

You could also set up a different storage locatoin for the receipt of the reworked batch. Since the storage location would be different, a new lot would be generated. The techs would then need to change the storage location when they do the stock postings to post it to your normal unrestricited storage location. Or, after the stock posting, you could use a folllow up action to move it to the normal unrestricited storage location so the users don't have to remember to make the cahnge.

FF

Answers (0)