cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to persist data when using Java webdynpro?

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to java webdynpro.

I have a requirement where I have to create a java webdynpro to display order reservation details in tabular format.

The report has a selection screen and it contains date range. When the user enters a date range and presses "display" button I want to display all the reservation numbers within that date range.

I want to store the following data (persist) : Reservation Number, Create_Date, Create_Time and Status.

In the case of ABAP webdynpro we can store the data in a custom SAP table and access it using ABAP select statement.

But in Java webdynpro where can I store that data and how to access it in the controller program or event handler code?

What are the different options available if any for the same?

I am using Netweaver Developer studio 7.11.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the case of ABAP webdynpro we can store the data in a custom SAP table and access it using ABAP select statement.

u can also get the values from the same SAP Backend table using an RFC model in WDJ or use an Oracle/MS SQL table and get the values using EJB's

Regards,

Poojith MV

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Make use for the context nodes/attributes and bind view's context nodes/attributes to component controller nodes/attributes.

Then access the component controller context nodes/attributes.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Java webdynpro has different persistent options.

1)You can use dictionary perspective for creation of tables in the Server database itself. go to dictionary perspective. Create the new dictionary project .Create the tables which you want and deploy that into server. This will create a table in the server database and you can create applications which has insert statements or update statements through which you can insert or update the data.. And other application for fetching the data using select statement.

2) You can user Java beans for inserting data into different database which may be SQL or Oracle . this dependds on the availaiblty of the database in your landscape.

3) You can use ABAP and RFC model.

Regards,

Raju Bonagiri