cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capture equipment cost in project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

need to capture the cost of equipment which uses for project,but problem is that they take equipment from stock & uses for project work & keep it back in stock after use,

How we can capture this cost in project?

please help me out.

Regards

Gajjen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are only using some tools for which requires simple functionalities, they can be defined as PRT's. In case they need to be treated as Assets with depreciation functionality, maintenance functionality as equipments ans so on, then treating them as equipments would me more appropriate. There is one more module in SAP called ETM which has enhanced functionality over PM in handling of equipments.

Usage depends on your requirement. Consult other modules too before deciding.

Regards,

Arul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

May i know how to create material PRT ,

How we use on period basis on project,

Kindly provide me steps.

Regards

Gajendra

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gajjen, Please read SAP Help about PRT's and its uses in Project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gajjen, above I mentioned the SAP help link on PRT

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/93/9b853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

just go through it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Arulalan. You can create the equipments as work center and maintain the rates in KP26 for the activity type and cost center combination. This way you can capture the costs of the equipmetns used for the project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx aru & Gokul,

But these equipment treated as material also,can it possible to use with any movement type against project,

there are many equpments so what will be the further,kindly guide.

Regards

Gajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gajjen,

As per my view you can carry out this function by the use of Equipment PRT, check the link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/93/9b853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

hopefully it will help

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good answer

I was wondering why nobody is suggesting the use of PRT!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Equipment should be treated as Work Center. Create Work center and link it with the equipment master. For this work center you define the activity types and the cost. Assign the work center to your Project activity. This way you can capture the cost of the equipment used in a project.

Regards,

Arul.