What is quota arrangement in MM master ??
What is purpose ?
What are the transaction should use for the same ?
What are configuration has to be done for the same in SPRO?
Explain without any links in short ......
> What are the necessary configuration has to done for the same ??
The steps to be followed
IMG......>MM........?Purchasing..............>quota arrangement............>Define Number Ranges
In this step, you set up the number ranges.
The SAP R/3 System manages quota arrangement records as documents.
You assign each transaction to a number range group. You define the number range interval for each group. In addition, you stipulate whether numbers are assigned by the user (externally) or by the system (internally).
The following number range is predefined in the standard SAP R/3 System:
internal number assignment from 8000000001 to 8999999999.
SAP recommends that you accept the settings defined in the standard system. In this case, no action is required on your part.
1. Check the number ranges.
2. Change the following in accordance with your requirements:
Number range intervals
Secondly ,u need to define the quota arrangement usage ,
the path is IMG......>MM........?Purchasing..............>quota arrangement............>Define quota arrangement usage.
there u have to maintain for quota arrangement usage indicator what are the following documents are allowed.
after that go to material master in the purchasing view main tain this indicator and save.
now maintain Quota arrangement, select transaction MEQ1. Enter valid to date & min. splitting quantity. Min. splitting quantity indicates the quantity below which no splitting of quantity should be applied. After maintaining this select the line & select 'Item'. Enter following details in respective columns -
1) P - Type of procurement (Internal manufacturing, External Procurement).
2) S - Special procurement type. For example consignment / sub-contracting.
3) Vendor - Number of Vendor Master
4) PPI - Your internal plant from which you will be manufacturing the material.
5) Ver. - Production version.
6) Quota - The quota percentage in which the required quantity is to be splitt.
7) Maximum Quantity - Max qty which is to be assigned to this vendor.
8) Quota Base quantity - If you get a new vendor in the quota arrangement, the quota base quantity is to be entered here to avoid all requirements being assigned to the new vendor.
9) Max & Min Lot Size - The lot size related to this vendor.
10) Rounding Profile -
11) 1X - Mark tick here of the vendor is to be assigned only one lot during a MRP run. (may be due to capacity restriction).
12) Maximum Release quantity - Max qty the vendor should be assigned per MRP period.
13) No. - Number of periods for which the Max release qty relates.
14) P - Period to which this qty relates.
15) Pr - Priority determination sequence