cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend and Resume Calls with external context mapping?

christoph_rhein1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to call another webdynpro application via suspend and resume. This works fine but I cannot get a context node mapping working. I just want to fill a node in appl A and then call appl B where I can change the node and then go back to the appl A and process the data more.

When I try to set the node as interface node and set the ext mapping flag I receive a short dump saying:

The Mapping to Node COMPONENTCONTROLLER.1.FULLTEXT Has Not Been Completed.

Found out that you have to map the context on component usage level but this didn't solve the issue.

Thanks and regards,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Suspend and Resume plugs are a bit more disconnected than what you are describing. You can only pass data via the URL parameters between the two applications.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/45/19bf8c16f25d7ae10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

If you want to have cross component context mapping, you should just use component usages. Within the main component, embed the views of component B and navigate to them using normal navigation plugs. If you want such close data exchange via the component interface, then you don't want to use suspend resume plugs.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_rhein1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply.

- Christoph