cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock removal error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am seeing an error where our system is allowing stock removal of inv. already promised on open transfer orders.

99.999% of the time system works correctly and will not allow stock removal when the inv. is promised on open T.O.

This is for non HU managed storage location (SU managed).

lose pick picking area, we do not assign a batch until t.o. confirmation since we allow multiple batch codes in our forward pick locations. (batch is selected from oldest quant at the time of t.o. confirmation systematically)

we do not allow negatives in that storage type

scenario

500 in bin

100 on open t.o. for deliveries

system allows user to move 500 from bin with LT01 (should only allow removal of 400)

so total stock and available stock is zero but the qty on open t.o. remains in the "pick qty" field for that bin

Has any one else seen this error and what was the cause if so?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anything similar>?

Still the bin will allow removal of all stock regaurdless of open t.o.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you Creating standalone TO ? which will not check the order balance position, it can do the TO for the available qty. Why are you saying it works for 99.99%.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Are you Creating standalone TO ? which will not check the order balance position, it can do the TO for the available qty. Why are you saying it works for 99.99%.

Hello,

Not sure what a "stand alone" t.o. is - the t.o. is created via LT01 mvment 999 for the total qty and system does not see the open t.o. against same bin/material.

I say that it works 99.99% of the time because we create 1000 t.o. per day and system normaly works well.

It will issue source bin error durring delivery t.o. creation if not enough stock after considering open t.o.

using manual transactions like LT01 system will normaly see the open t.o. and only allow removal of the ballance that is not on open t.o. regaurdless of the qty the user requests

example:

I enter LT01 and qty 500, normaly the systen will subtract the qty on open t.o. and only allow the rest to be moved (qty field in second screen is not changable and will only show the amount in the bin that is not on open t.o.) so if I enter 500 and we have 100 on open t.o system will propose 400ea and not allow the user to change it or create a t.o. against material that already has an open t.o. for the total qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standalone I meant by creating TO without any proceeding document. Still I think it cannot consider the open TO for the qty calculation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I take back that statement, it creates with the available qty only. Which movement type you are using. I used 999 and TO got created only for the available qty.

Edited by: Ganesh Prabhakar C on Aug 7, 2010 1:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for testing

Yes, I use mvmnt type 999 also and see this error three times now (in five yrs)

very rare but still a problem I would like to fix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also seeing transfer orders showing up for those bins after we move the stock completly out of the bins.

users state the t.o. did not exist at the time the stock was removed but the time for t,o, creation would show they did exist

user is 100% sure the t.o. did not show up durring t.o. search

possible transfer order update delays??]

any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump