cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Revenue Recognition - Time-Based Recognition

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP time-based revenue recognition divides the total amount across the periods using a straightline method. Can the values in table VBREVE be altered to accommodate an amortization schedule?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may have to ask somebody from FI domain. You can close the thread here and post it in FI forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. But not sure why FI personnel would know about SD Revenue Recognition. Its heavily tied to SD item categories. . .

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are talking about revenue recognition category in I.C. it is in SD, then I hope that you have periodic billing enabled in your sales scenario.

In SD scenario with periodic billing , you can do this. Even there, the values are not proportionately allocated to various billing dates in standard SAP, and SAP only suggests a way by which it can be done.

If you are trying to achieve this by means of Periodic billing in SD, with the revenue recognition category A, then please refer to the OSS note 92655. This will help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for the OSS reference. The process is a simple Time-based recognition. (RR Category = "A"). One single posting of an amount (i.e. 12,000 USD) to a deferred account.

Sample scenario. The 12,000 USD shall be recognized over the life of term of the agreement (4 periods). Desire is to recognize the 12,000 as follows:

o 6,000

o 3,000

o 2,000

o 1,000

Standard SAP would maintain a schedule of 4 equal amounts of 3,000.

We have been successful in updating VBREVE with the desired schedule via custom transaction (data validated via VF45). However, when performing the revenue recognition posting via VF44, SAP alters the data in VBREVE back to the straighline calculation. Is there a user-exit/BAdi that enables us to control the recognition schedule?

alex_zheng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I think you could consider to use the milestone billing plan with revenue recognition type A to realize

the distribution of the total value.

Or please try with the BTE 00503106 to implement your coding to affect the revenue amount.

Thanks,

Alex

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

We have the same requirement. If you found a solution to this please share with me.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also met the same problem i.e. recognizing revenues spread over periods which don't correspond to the (averaged) values suggested in standard by SAP.

Meaning in your scenario in VBREVE you will automatically see :

Period 1     3000 USD

Period 2     3000 USD

Period 3     3000 USD

Period 4     3000 USD

If you want to change those amount I'm afraid you have to develop a specific program which update the tables VBREVE, VBAK and VBAP according to the situation.

In your case it is simple: one contract, one item in the contract completely billed the first period.

It can become far more complex if you want to link 2 contracts, if you have 2 items in the contract not billed at the same time, etc...

In the end the most tricky part will be how much will you post on the "deferred revenue" account or on the "unbilled trade debtor" account.

For that you will need a clear understanding of the SD contracts, and of the posting triggered in FI during billing, and during revenue recognition.

I don't think that there is a solution in standard, even if you play with the item categories in the contract.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please check OSS Note 779365 and 820417

Regards,

KRishna O