SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMDERIVE issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an internal order to grant derivation rule. When go to the rule values table -> Extras -> Overview, under grant number we just see a bunch of Zeroes. However in the actual table in se16, we see the grant numbers.

All grant related derivations appear to be working fine.

Is this normal? Why does this happen?

Thanks a lot in advance.

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, check if note 1027850 could solve it.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, check if note 1027850 could solve it.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at the note - that seems to be for cases where the field entry is truncated and only partially displayed. In our case we see the grant (for all internal orders) being displayed as "000000000". Will this note still fix the problem?

Also, why does this occur?

Thanks again for your help.

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, considering that everything is working fine (grants are being correctly derived from internal orders), should we even implement a note?

Please clarify.

Thanks.

R

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I think it's exactly the solution. If your grants are stored with leading zeros in the table, then the report is displaying only part of it. Implementing the note won't make any harm for derivation rule - it's just a correction of the overwiew report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh...that makes total sense.

Thank you sir!

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

When we tried to implement it says that this note is not compatible. We are on ehp4 - this is for an older release.

Do you have any other options?

R

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see... Then, try note 1399979. If it does not help, I believe you can open OSS message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

I looked into this note - it seems to be related to the 'values before / after' fields in the trace tool of the derivation tool.

Do you think this is still relevant to the problem we have? (grant number appearing as zeroes in the overview of the rule values table)?

Please confirm.

Thanks.

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

Can you please let me knowyour thoughts on my last comment / question?

Thanks.

R

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, try implementing this note, it won't harm - that's for sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

I implemented this note, but unfortunately it did not work.

Issue closed.

R