cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP Check on Sales Order and Future Deliveries

0 Kudos

We drop deliveries in the future, because some of them take extra preparation for the customers. Here is our situation. Transaction CO09 currently shows 600 in stock. When we go to create a additional order with today's date, it says we have 600 in stock. When we go to drop the delivery it says we have 0 available and will not drop the delivery.

Date MRP Elem MRP Element Data Rec./reqd qty Confirmed Cum. ATP qty

08/04/2010 Stock 600 600

08/07/2010 ShpgNt Totals record 600 600

08/09/2010 Delvry Totals record 600- 600 600

I have been looking at user exits to possibly put on the order that would tell them no stock is available, but I am not sure this is the best business practice. My next thought would be to possibly change the availability check on the delivery so the delivery does drop.

Does anyone have experience with this and can provide any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark

This is a classic SD Professional's dilemma, though it manifests differently at different clients. Mostly customers crib about future requirements stopping current sales orders from being delivered or Scheduling agreements with future delivery dates 'stealing' stock from Sales orders. Another manifestation is production orders usurping components from sales orders for spares and so on. ATP functionality in SAP is pulled in various directions by conflicting demands and it is difficult to satisfy everyone. Companies with chronic probelms often end up with negative ATP which is perhaps the most serious stage of the prognosis.

Your solution lies in:

1) Availability check control settings : Sales documents vs. deliveries : For the delivery, don't include 'Sales Requirements' and for the sales orders, do include 'Delivery Requirements and so on.

2) Performing nightly rescheduling (V_V2) with Delivery priority and delivery date as key sort criteria. If the volumes are not high, you can try using manual confirmation via CO06.

Take a look at this OSS note and the ones mentioned within:

36520 - Availability check for delivery