cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

testing an adapter fails after Support Stacks in "Test"

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently applied Support Stacks to our PI 7 system. They have gone all of the way through to Production. We have an external partner that is changing their hardware and we need to make changes to our PI system.

In "Test", we are trying to get the following custom adapter to test... it fails. My test process is:

- I follow the path SICF > Hierarchy Type: SERVICE > Execute > default_host > sap > xi > adapter_plain > zzalloga

- If I right click on zzalloga and choose "Test Link" it fails.

If I do the same in Production, I get the prompt to login.

This was developed before my time (and actually by an SAP Consultant), and I have not taken any training on custom adapters.

Can you give me some hints on what the correct process would be to begin to troubleshoot this issue? Could it be related to the Support Stacks?

Thank you for your assistance.

Rich

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rich

Have you tried to send/receive a message using this adapter? If yes, do you see any error in sxmb_moni?

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response. Actually, it is sending just fine. I was just curious because when I "test" I get the logon popup but I cannot login. I do, however, successfully lock the SERVICE user account that this service uses.

Unfortunately I did not learn this until I tried the same service "test" in Production, locked the SERVICE user (lucky me) and completely halted communication over the service for 4 days until I figured out the SERVICE user was locked. PI gave really "bad hints" in SXMB_MONI what the problem was.

So I really do not see any utility in this "Test" functionality. Maybe you can give me an example... my example is if I "test" a BSP service... SAP actually tries to run the BSP; if I test the service WEBGUI, again, SAP tries to run the WEBGUI. I mean I see what is happening. But in this case, touching the service with a "test" locks the system... everytime and with no warning.

Thanks for your insight.

Rich