cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import collaborators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our situation:

We have a requirement to add another collaborator to some Master Agreements. The owner of the Master Agreement is on maternity leave, and they were the only collaborator with read/write access. We don't want to change the owner.

The approach I am trying is to use the "Document Collaborator" import type, but it complains that we are missing a value for the "LOOKUP_COLLABORATOR_ROLE" field. I understood that the LOOKUP_ fields were only if you want to change the values for an existing document collaborator.

Our import file goes something like this.

CLASS_NAME: contracts.Contract

PARENT_EXTERNAL_ID: blank

PARENT_UNIQUE_DOC_NAME: MA-000003

LOOKUP_PRINCIPAL: blank

LOOKUP_COLLABORATOR_TYPE: blank

LOOKUP_COLLABORATOR_ROLE: blank

PRINCIPAL: first/last name of user

COLLABORATOR_TYPE: user

COLLABORATOR_ROLE: Collaborator

REPRESENTING: Purchasing

USAGE: DOCUMENT_ONLY

SILENT: FALSE

The error we get is

1. Failed: object 1: This field is required and must have a value. [LOOKUP_COLLABORATOR_ROLE]

Note that I tried entering identical values for the LOOKUP_ fields and instead got this result

1. Failed: object 1: This field is required and must have a value. [LOOKUP_PRINCIPAL]

even though there was a vaule in LOOKUP_PRINCIPAL

So, how to import additional collaborators to a document?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean -

For this specific task, you are better off using the Master Agreement import file instead of the collaborator import file. You can do a 2 column import file for Master Agreements that will have the effect you are seeking: add a collaborator to the document.

The file would have 2 columns like:

UNIQUE_DOC_NAME,COLLABORATOR_1

And the appropriate data, for example:

MA-002-BGNXM-2010,aabbott

In the above example, the effect is that the user with id: aabbott is added as a collaborator (with the default role defined in the document security template) to the Master Agreement with id: MA-002-BGNXM-2010

I hope this helps and works for you.

Thanks,

Rob Stevenson