Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Querry is not found under Work Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I have created a BI Developer role along with all required authorization. But Developer does not able to view saved query from BEx Analyzer - Open Work Book - Role - "No Objects Found"

But following authorization already been given to this Role

S_USER_AGR : 01, 02, 03, 06, 22

S_USER_TCD : RRMX

Another one thig is that they even able to save query from "Save Work Book As" without any fail and also able see Role Folders from here.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

System: BI 7.0

Thanks & Regards

Pavel

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go to this link

Look at the posting by "SRI" as below

"S_USER_AGR ACTV : 01,02,22

S_USER_TCD

S_GUI,ACT=60 ACTV : 60

S_BDS_DS 03,30

class type OT

RSWB_REORG_ROLES to identify what workbooks are not attached to a role. "

P.S: use SU53 ( on BI system) when you get that error , you should be able to capture the object.

0 Kudos

Hi Franklin,

Thanks for your response. I already did all the things as you have mentioned here. As I said earlier I have define all required authorization object to this role. But still having issue, not able to see the Query under Bex -> Open Work Book --> Role Folder.

Another thing is that I have already assigned more than two (e.x Role: a, b, c) roles to Developer. When He has all three roles attached, then he can not able to see a, b, c roles at a time If I remove two of them (e.x a, c) then he could able to see b Role under work book. Again If I have removed a, b role then he could able to see Role c. this my issue. Kindly help me.Why user does not able to see 3 Roles at a time.

Thanks

Pavel

0 Kudos

1.Can you post the values for the object for the test user ( Use SUIM to find this )

S_RS_COMP

S_RS_COMP1

what is the values under the object

S_RS_ERPT {especially the ( person responsible name )}

P.S: I would suggest that give this test user " SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW"

and see if the user gets what he needs, then let us drill down to the issue.

Edited by: Franklin Jayasim on Aug 5, 2010 1:23 AM

0 Kudos

Pavel,

go thru this link

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

>

> RSWB_REORG_ROLES to identify what workbooks are not attached to a role. "

>

It should be the other way round, isnt it? It should be the program RSWB_ROLES_REORG

0 Kudos

Hi ,

That statement is from a posted link:

can you please open the actual link and read.

0 Kudos

Shekar,

I remember that in BI365 it was mentioned as RSWB_REORG_ROLES. Now I refered it again in SAP BI365 material, it's same as mentioned( page 139).

I refered in BI system: SA38-> report doesn't exist with that name (but find RSWB_ROLES_REORG)

I search thru OSS notes no way I find RSWB_REORG_ROLES. Same with google search.

Conculsion: I guess its typo in SAP BI365 material.

Updated the link also, so that others don't copy it blindly nexttime.

Thank you for correction.

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Shekar,

Thanks for pointing the spello on that link.

Also can any one guide me regarding pasting or pointing links, most of the time I have done it someone from SAP deletes it.

I am actually New and active on SDN from March 2010.

Regards

0 Kudos

The best link for you (and Sri) is this one:

Please avoid taking "bait" and doing other people's basic search for them.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am still waiting for solution. I had lots of R&D on this issue with all possibilities, but no way out found here. I also spoke to BI Security expert about this issue but no result found. Now we are going to raise a OSS message to SAP regarding this issue. If any solution found, will keep you posted here.

I am also thankful to you people for your helping hand.

Regards

Pavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

i ,

This question has been asked serveral time . search before you post.

Moderate pls remove the link or lock the thread

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Pavel is new to SDN so has some "poetic license" ...

Moderators only intervene when users become a pain (eg. posting random linkfarms, taking bait from repeat offenders of the forum rules or using multiple ID's for "games").

These forums have a huge information value from discussions . They are not realy intended for support nor personal squabbles...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Got it Julius.

0 Kudos

Gud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As I said earlier that, when I have received solution for this issue, I will let you know. So now solution is in my hand and I would like to let you know guys about it in detail.

We found the Folder issue in our project where the Folders of two roles were not getting displayed in Bex. So we got the answer why the other folder was not getting displayed. This is because of a settings error which has been rectified in the SAP Note 1246860 - Displaying entries in user menu.

To explain the cause for this redundancy we can refer to the below image showing a Role menu for e.g.:

Here we have two layers of activity groups which are containing some transactions which within the respective folders. The Folder 1 and Folder 3 contains same Transaction SM01 where Folder 3 has only one TCode in it. Similarly another group of duplicity can by found for Folder 1 and Folder 4.

The settings responsible for SAP Role Menus is available in the table SSM_CUST. With the update of system through certain support packages the value for the switch DELETE_DOUBLE_TCODES sometimes become YES. Due to this together with the switch for Redundancy Avoidance (, following scenario will happen for the below picture:

1. The Transactions SM01 and SE16N will disappear from the folder 3 and folder 4 respectively of Activity Group 2. This means that the Transactions / reports / query which exist more than once are removed due to redundancy avoidance.

2. When SM01 is removed from folder 3, it will become empty and thus SAP will remove the folder too. But for folder 4, it will not happen as one more tcode is there after the removal of SE16N.

3. So due to Active Redundancy avoidance value of the switch we will be able to see the Folder 1, 2 and 4 only and not the folder 3.

When the switch for Show First level user Menu is Deactivated then there two kind scenario may exist:

1. Redundancy Avoidance is not Active: If the user menu contains Two or More roles menu containing same part of SAP Standard easy access menu (like SAP Office) then those two identical menu path will appear in their respective place under the corresponding Role.

2. Redundancy Avoidance is Active: In that case the system groups the identical paths resulting a common path. It means, the system adds the transaction / report / query with the other node which were extra in between the nodes containing these two identical menu paths using the Algorithm for this Switch settings and then removes the blank folder from the summarized menu.

Details of Switch for Redundancy Avoidance and it's effect on other Switches:

Please check the below table containing details of different switches contributing in Role Menu display. The effect of DELETE_DOUBLE_TCODES has some dependency with CONDENSE_MENU and has been explained in the Impact column.

Sl. No. Table Name Switch Name Switch Description Default Value Description of Value Possible Values Effect if other value is set than Default Impact on their Switches

1 SSM_CUST CONDENSE_MENU Avoiding Role Menu Redundancy NO Redundancy avoidance is deactivated YES / NO If YES is set, Redundancy avoidance is activated

2 SSM_CUST SORT_USER_MENU Sorting the Menu entries in User's Easy Access screen NO The menu nodes are not sorted YES / NO The system sorts the menu options alphabetically, irrespective of their type (folder, transaction, ..).

As a result, transactions and folders may be mixed in the sequence.

3 SSM_CUST DELETE_DOUBLE_TCODES Deleting duplicate transactions in all activity groups and roles YES The effect of the switch depends on whether Note 1246860 is already implemented in your system. Please see the column "Impact on their Switches" YES / NO The effect of the switch depends on whether Note 1246860 is already implemented in your system. Please see the column "Impact on their Switches" 1. Original effect (Note 1246860 has not yet been implemented):

The switches DELETE_DOUBLE_TCODES and CONDENSE_MENU are Linked and affects each other. DELETE_DOUBLE_TCODES works only if CONDENSE_MENU is also activated.

Default value: YES

Effect: Duplicate transactions are removed from different activity groups or roles if redundancy avoidance is activated.

2. Effect after Note 1246860 has been implemented

The switches DELETE_DOUBLE_TCODES and CONDENSE_MENU are NOT Linked anymore. DELETE_DOUBLE_TCODES functions independently of CONDENSE_MENU.

Default value: NO

Effect: In this case, duplicate transactions are not automatically removed if redundancy avoidance is activated.

Some details on Missing folders when redundancy avoidance is activated

When redundancy avoidance is activated, menu paths may disappear when you assign several activity groups or roles to a user. This occurs if transactions exist more than once in different activity

groups or roles. As standard, the system removes the transactions that occur more than once. The system also removes the folders that become empty as a result of this process.

Remediation: SAP Note 357877 - Easy Access: Removing duplicate transactions describes as enhancement required to achieve this. It helps to keep the duplicate transactions when Redundancy avoidance is activated. But of course it is relevant when the system has proper support pack level as per SAP Note#1246860.

Thanks

Pavel