cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU NUMBER RANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up my Whse under an HU Managed SLOC.

I have maintained an internal number range ( 01 )for my HANDLING UNITS

For each one of my Packaging Materials I have specified Number Range as HU_VEKP and an Internal Interval( 01) and an External Interval( 02)

I have maintained UNIQUE NUMBERS for HU NUMBER ASSIGNMENT ( Client Wide)

I have maintained EXTERNAL Number Ranges for HU Identification : ( 01 ) Interval for Internal HU Number assignment and ( 02 ) Interval for External HU Number Assignment ( the little box EXT is selected)

Also I have assigned these Number Ranges to each Packaging Material : 9 01 ) for Internal Interval and 9 02 ) for External Interval.

I have also specified the conversion lenght from HU to SU

Now my questions.

1. Have I done everything necessary so that my SU nad HU will be the same numbers? Do I need to enter an SU range in WM? An if I enter an SU range in my warehouse for the non HU managed SLOCs, will the system still use the HU number as the SU number for the HU MANGED SLOC?

2. If A create a delivery and pack it everything looks perfect as far as HU creation with the proper number range being used. If I create another inbound delivery, it picks up from the last number used on the previous delivery.....So everything looks fine right. Well I took a look at HU_VEKP and there the current number is higher that the last one utilised by about 46.

Can anybody help me understand what is going on???

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please find answers to your questions below..

Do I need to enter an SU range in WM?

An if I enter an SU range in my warehouse for the non HU managed SLOCs, will the system still use the HU number as the SU number for the HU MANGED SLOC?

OK. If you have a HU number range that is not fall with in the same number range of the SU number range, then if non HU managed warehouse generates SU, that will be a different number. But if SU number range and HU number range both either same or falls in the same range, then you may come across at a later stage that your non HU managed warehouse use up more SU numbers and when your HU managed warehouse generates a HU and if that was already used up, you will get a database error or even dump..

My suggestion would be, if you can use SSCC numbers which are unique universally for about 2 years for your client and country. If not, please have a different number range set up for SU and HU.

2. If A create a delivery and pack it everything looks perfect as far as HU creation with the proper number range being used. If I create another inbound delivery, it picks up from the last number used on the previous delivery.....So everything looks fine right. Well I took a look at HU_VEKP and there the current number is higher that the last one utilised by about 46. Can anybody help me understand what is going on??? Thanks for your help.

if you go to SNRO and use the object HU_VEKP and then hit glasses, you will find number of no.s in buffer. and by standard SAP uses 50. It means each time the number generated it generates 50 numbers and keep in the buffer and keep uses these numbers until they are exhausted and once these are used up it generates another 50 in a chunk. This is to reduce number of access to the database to generate each number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just thought another option for your first question..

Do I need to enter an SU range in WM? An if I enter an SU range in my warehouse for the non HU managed SLOCs, will the system still use the HU number as the SU number for the HU MANGED SLOC?

Try to manage your HU current number range outside of the SU number range, then you will not have any issue in generating SU numbers for SU managed warehouse (as it generates with in SU number range) and HU/SU number for HU managed warehouse.(this time the SU and HU numbers will be generated based on the HU number current range which is outside of the existing SU range).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

Thank you very much for your help. You definitely know your system.

That clarifies everything for me.

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alain,

Glad to know that you got the SU/HU questions are answered. I know it takes bit to get this concept solidifies.

Answers (0)