SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPAYH/DPAYP Payment Data: Deletion using RFKPYD00 - ISU Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are in process of deleting the data from the tables DPAYH/DPAYP which stores the temporary data of Payment history using the report RFKPYD00.

I got some refernce doc for implication - here is the below.

After the deletion of the data it is not possible to create anymore payment medium data. If we consider also that these data may be needed for the creation, processing of the returns lot. If no entries in table DPAYH are available any more it might be possible that the bank data of the business partner are not filled automatically,(only when creating return lot manually) as they cannot be read from the actual data as they might have changed since the payment run.

Actually where the actuall information about payment data is stored in other FICA tables refering to DPAY* tables.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh C

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Mahesh:

I don't really understand what you are looking for. All posting documents in FICA generate entries in DFKKKO, DFKKOP and DFKKOPK. The DPAY* records are for the payment runs only.

The deletion report eliminates those records only - the DFKK* records remain.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

You are right , the data stays in DFKKOP and DFKKKO tables even after DPAYH/DPAYP tables entries are deleted.

However , the concern that came back from our business folks is that these tables contain the Bank details of a payment. This information is not stored in the DFKK tables. To give an example , its possible that as part of direct debit process , someamount is debited from a customer bank account. Later , the actual owner of the bank account calls up and complains that it was a fraud payment. In such cases , the data can be verified by looking up in DPAYH. If this is deleted , how do the FICA group do a lookup and find out this information. DFKK doesnt have this data.

This is the reason why we are anxious about deletion from DPAYH. If there is an alternative means to call up the bank details data from some other source , please let me know.

-Mahesh

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I don't think, you will be able to retrieve the DPAYH\DPAYP data once it gets deleted using program RFKPYD00.

Howvevr, you can use any one of the following options-

(a) Create Z tables like DPAYH\DPAYP and store only those data which are relevant as per your business requirement (like payment run, refund run) i.e.-DPAYH-GRPNO=101.

You can store the data in the custom table at the time of the execution of the payment proposal or during the creation of the flat file (payment medium) that is sent to the bank.

(b) If your IS-U system is connected to BW\BI, then you can also retrieve the relevant data from the DPAYH\DPAYP tables in to BW\BI using the BW\BI extractor.

You can always refer to either of these options for solving any problems.

Hope it helps.......

Thanks,

Amlan