cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What SAP functionality would be great to have on your iPhone/ iPod Touch?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any specific functionality that would make it irresistable to have on your iPhone? Is it custom functionality or standard SAP functionality? What would you be willing to pay for it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member191765
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the real benefit of the iPhone and iPad is the ease of use. You can build applications that require no training to operate. For occasional users, navigating the SAP GUI under Windows is a complex task. Navigating a touch screen with big buttons and simple menus is much easier than using a mouse and keyboard.

What are the tasks that occasional users might be doing on SAP? Here are some examples:

-expense reporting

-approving purchase orders

-approving vacation requests

-looking up customer details

-checking the status of a delivery for a customer

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there's a market for a suite of small apps for SAP ERP which can easily be linked with one another. You'd need SSO and then you could have something like this for Sales Reps:

Customer & contact person search and management.

Viewing a customer allows you to click to a new app which shows:

- order status

- quotations

Then you could click on a quote and update it with new items, pricing etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

There is no clear cut answer to your question, depends on the tools, business process your organization is running with you can come up with a plan on how to leverage any standard features of SAP such as workflows etc to implement/utilize or to go for any third party functionality

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh

Thanks for the response. Let me try to narrow the scope of the question. If I need to fill up a purchse order, iPhone might not be the best place to do it since the form factor will not be very helpful. If I just needed an approval, it would be ideal since I just have to tap on button.

Are there any such criterias that would allow easy identification of things that should be done on iPhones? Is there a way to reengineer a process to make the step simpler so that it might become ideal to mobile generation?

Manish

syed_er1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Well we are using iphones for our reporting needs. Our BI system email reports and that can be viewable on IPhone, and its been very much appreciated by our business users. I am not sure i answered any specific way but this is one way we are using iphones. We get process failures alerts via email to our iphones and it increased our efficiency of fixing production issues a lot.

thanks

syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azem ,

As you said , connecting BI system to Iphone was a great Idea and great that you are using that functionality.

I would like to connect R/3 or BI or any SAP system to Iphone.Could plz help me or give some inputs about how can we achive this or thing required.

Thanks,

Srikanth.A